2020 schedule release?

On 10/22/2019 at 5:13 PM, GetOFFmyDot said:

I know most of the country feels this way, but Northern California gets completely hosed when it comes to the DCI tour.  Think of this:  BD, SCV, and Mandarins are all located within 2.5 hours of each other and represent one-forth of World Class finalists the past two years.  We only get TWO world-class shows!   (Spoiler alert, there are some changes coming this year - the former Stockton/SOME show which was moved to Sacramento last year is no longer.  A "new" show is taking its place, which is more "earlier" than "new."

I want finals in California again.  Sigh.  I know, it won't happen any time soon. 

Nope. Sorry. No finals in Cali.  

Edited by drumcorpsfever

On 10/26/2019 at 8:58 PM, drumcorpsfever said:

Nope. Sorry. No finals in Cali.  

I wouldn't go quite that far. I put the question about future Cal. finals to Dan A. at a Friends breakfast a few years ago, and I recall his answer to be that it was not out of the question. But that was before he signed an additional 10 year contract with Indy.

I'm hoping they bring back the New Haven at Southern Connecticut State University and possibly the Jupiter, FL show.  There's a good chance I might be in both places this summer and it would be nice if I didn't have to drive 2-3 hours for a show.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sagemode67 said:

I'm hoping they bring back the New Haven at Southern Connecticut State University and possibly the Jupiter, FL show.  There's a good chance I might be in both places this summer and it would be nice if I didn't have to drive 2-3 hours for a show.

The Connecticut show was sponsored by Boston Crusaders and it has not been held for about five years, but I would like to see it back. However with a Bristol/Cranston  now history, and knowing BAC will not want to give up Lawrence and the Beanpot folks will not want venture out of the North Shore, I don’t think you’ll Connecticut Drums anytime soon.

23 hours ago, Tim K said:

The Connecticut show was sponsored by Boston Crusaders and it has not been held for about five years, but I would like to see it back. However with a Bristol/Cranston  now history, and knowing BAC will not want to give up Lawrence and the Beanpot folks will not want venture out of the North Shore, I don’t think you’ll Connecticut Drums anytime soon.

7th Regt. holds winter camps less than a mile away from Southern at Notre Dame (Holy Cross Bros.) h.s. 

I disagree with you completely. The show is doable.

BAC isn't the only possible sponsor. This is getting too much like MLB and NFL where certain corps/franchise dictate the possibilities for the whole activity. Don't buy into the group think; wasn't that Boston corps the one to do Huxley's book in 2014? That show didn't have an owl.. 

Edited by xandandl

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

7th Regt. holds winter camps less than a mile away from Southern at Notre Dame (Holy Cross Bros.) h.s. 

BAC isn't the only possible sponsor. This is getting too much like MLB and NFL where certain corps/franchise dictate the possibilities for the whole activity. Don't buy into the group think; wasn't that Boston corps the one to do Huxley's book in 2014? That show didn't have an owl.. 

In the case of Connecticut Drums and Bristol/Cranston, it was not the sponsors who did not want the shows! DCI is reducing the number of shows across the board. 

8 hours ago, xandandl said:

Huxley?  Well Brave New World doesn't have an owl I guess...so...sure!

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Haha 1