COMMONWEALTH vs GEORGE HOPKINS 10-23-19

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

So the judge could have made an evidentiary ruling at yesterday's Dec 17th hearing?  All the info we can ascertain from the court docket is that a status hearing was scheduled for March 5, 2020?  In the spirit of Court TV, I would renew my subscription if FloMarching would cover the trial & provide a live stream.    

only if you want the volume to increase by triple at the Rocket Mortgage Commerical breaks

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, garfield said:

If there actually ever IS a trial.

My hunch is that he settles for a plea, a fine, and a short sentence to serve.

The “career” of a dci marching member is so short (a year or couple of years typically) that having been out of the activity for a few years, this guy is not in the consciousness of today’s MMs anymore. Regardless of the court outcome, he has already lost the thing that was most dear to him. And has been relegated to the dustbin of history.   So even if not convicted he has already lost. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

So the judge could have made an evidentiary ruling at yesterday's Dec 17th hearing?  All the info we can ascertain from the court docket is that a status hearing was scheduled for March 5, 2020?  In the spirit of Court TV, I would renew my subscription if FloMarching would cover the trial & provide a live stream.    

How many years of Flo would you have to buy before you see a trial....

Keep thinking of a guy who got sucked in on a sting operation. State wanted the ringleaders who kept prolonging things like here. Finally little guys took a plea Bargin for probation because lawyer fees were breaking the bank. One guy said “choice of proving innocence or feeding the family...”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, garfield said:

I hope he doesn’t. Most narcissistic people don’t accept pleas.

I hope there’s a trial, so it all comes out.  I hope his photo is in the local paper every day of the trial, so he has no peace.

Edited by Spinning
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, garfield said:

I tend to agree. The actual case is against one woman. What type of plea GH will accept will depend on how many of the past victims the judge allows to testify, a la Cosby, I think.