COMMONWEALTH vs GEORGE HOPKINS 10-23-19

35 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

There will be a vaccine by Jan 21.  The question is 'How effective will it be?'  Perhaps we should all contact our Congressional representatives & have them pass a law that all Drum Corps members, staff, & fans are to be in the first group to be vaccinated so we can have a 2021 season.  & while they're at it, add an amendment that states 'Any school that receives federal funds must allow Drum Corps to use their facilities in the summer months.'

Better add the paying customers so there will be money earned to pay the corps at the shows.

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

There will be a vaccine by Jan 21.  The question is 'How effective will it be?'  

Perhaps we should all contact our Congressional representatives & have them pass a law that all Drum Corps members, staff, & fans are to be in the first group to be vaccinated so we can have a 2021 season.  & while they're at it, add an amendment that states 'Any school that receives federal funds must allow Drum Corps to use their facilities in the summer months.'

The other obstacle to overcome when the vaccine enters the market will be the public's reluctance to receive it.  Most polls were showing only 40-50% would take the vaccine once it becomes available.  I might be reluctant or hesitant at first, but I will participate.  I know coworkers that won't take the flu shot but I've taken every year since I started teaching.  Their excuse is the flu shot makes them sick, gives them a fever/headache, etc.  I just don't understand.  

I would think the folks involved in DCI, sports, etc will be ready to take it.  Then there's the issue of mutation & the vaccine becoming ineffective.  I'm afraid it's going to be a bumpy road for the next year.  All of that being said, it will have an effect on the timing Hopkins trial.  (keeping' it on track)               

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

3 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

The other obstacle to overcome when the vaccine enters the market will be the public's reluctance to receive it.  Polls were showing only 40-50% would take the vaccine once it becomes available.  I might be reluctant or hesitant at first, but I will participate.  I know coworkers that won't take the flu shot but I've taken every year since I started teaching.  Their excuse is the flu shot makes them sick, gives them a fever/headache, etc.  I just don't understand.  

I would think the folks involved in DCI, sports, etc will be ready to take it.  Then there's the issue of mutation & the vaccine becoming ineffective.  I'm afraid it's going to be a bumpy road for the next year.              

Another obstacle is worry that the vaccine is not a permanent solution and we might need booster shots. But we might not know that until time has gone by and we see what happens. 

As for flu shots, when we switched doctors the new one (about half my age) would only suggest if the shot matched the strain going around our area. My wife had a suppressed system so some years doctor suggested she not get the shot.

• Like 2

On 7/1/2020 at 1:16 AM, Jeff Ream said:

well let's be honest. when your whole defense is "angry alumni put these women up to it", well.....you'll fight til you can't.

Yep.

10 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

There will be a vaccine by Jan 21.  The question is 'How effective will it be?'  

Perhaps we should all contact our Congressional representatives & have them pass a law that all Drum Corps members, staff, & fans are to be in the first group to be vaccinated so we can have a 2021 season.  & while they're at it, add an amendment that states 'Any school that receives federal funds must allow Drum Corps to use their facilities in the summer months.'

well i'll take that over Hops facebook rant the other day

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

well i'll take that over Hops facebook rant the other day

Oh you saw that as well.  I think he's becoming more & more "unhinged".  Whatever the outcome of the trial, there's no denying the social media public display of "paranoia-laced" narcissism.  To make it worse, it's being fed by some of his friends, colleagues, & supporters.  And let's not overlook the presentation of "Christ" through the writings of Max Lucado.*  I'm just watching the #### show.  :peek:

*Not a statement of disparagement of the works of Mr. Lucado.  This is actually a true quote:  "A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd."  :spitting:

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

23 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Mind posting that here?

Is that possible.... welcome back Hrothgar...

I don't think many of you have figured out that the more people talk about the man, the more fuel and attention he gets. The more people read or are still invested in his social media the more it feeds the beast.

Many think they know this man BUT if you truly did, I mean really know, You would know he feeds on the attention. You wanna hit him hard? IGNORE him in every fashion. He always believed with Cadets, " AS LONG AS THEY TALK< YOURE STILL RELEVANT " Well those who feel the need to follow him, quote him, give opinion you're just feeding him.

The case needs to be followed but there's one way to drive the guy nuts, IGNORE HIM. He doesn't care if anyone says bad things, good things , true things or not, His rants are only attention getters and IMO you're just giving him just what he wants.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

I don't think many of you haven't figured out that the more people talk about the man, the more fuel and attention he gets. The more people read or are still invested in his social media the more it feeds the beast.

Many think they know this man BUT if you truly did, I mean really know, You would know he feeds on the attention. You wanna hit him hard? IGNORE him in every fashion. He always believed with Cadets, " AS LONG AS THEY TALK< YOURE STILL RELEVANT " Well those who feel the need to follow him, quote him, give opinion you're just feeding him.

The case needs to be followed but there's one way to drive the guy nuts, IGNORE HIM. He doesn't care if anyone says bad things, good things , true things or not, His rants are only attention getters and IMO you're just giving him just what he wants.

• Thanks 1