COMMONWEALTH vs GEORGE HOPKINS 10-23-19

2 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

You are 100% correct

With that said some of the same people ignored and supported for years KNOWING every last thing about the ferret.

Don't get me wrong the ferret deserves it all but many of those people were ok with everything and very much in the loop until they weren't.  Tossed to the curb like many were over the years.

Every last thing?

16 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I trust that Hopkins doesn't have any leverage over Pennsylvania's governor and thus his commentary isn't a way of fishing for a pardon.

I also trust that Hopkins won't try threatening the judge in his case. Just because that worked for some other defendants doesn't mean it will work for him.

- - - - - - - - - -

And just a passing note: the classic phrase, which was coined by Lord Acton in the mid-1800s, is: "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

It's a fairly modern idea. The ancient phrase, at least among the English, was that "A man does as he likes when he may do as he will." In other words, power doesn't corrupt, it merely reveals that you already were corrupt.

30 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I also trust that Hopkins won't try threatening the judge in his case. Just because that worked for some other defendants doesn't mean it will work for him.

- - - - - - - - - -

And just a passing note: the classic phrase, which was coined by Lord Acton in the mid-1800s, is: "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

It's a fairly modern idea. The ancient phrase, at least among the English, was that "A man does as he likes when he may do as he will." In other words, power doesn't corrupt, it merely reveals that you already were corrupt.

A profound statement especially in todays climate. Thank You, perspective light bulb! AND VERY TRUE

34 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Well, though, you didn’t phrase it like a question.  It’s a very serious accusation.

Well lets look at it logically, no accusations just logic.....one way or another......Many questions were  asked quite a bit in depth in the beginning . Answered? maybe maybe not

Edited by GUARDLING

6 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Well lets look at it logically, no accusations just logic.....one way or another......Many questions were  asked quite a bit in depth in the beginning . Answered? maybe maybe not

Everyone is allowed their day in court to defend themselves regardless of the charges. Whats my own opinion and yours is not important. I don't pretend to be a fan of hopkins ever, in fact the opposite. 

This below is not directed at you. 

But everyone might want to be careful on the accusations and logic with respect to inclusion. I have struggled to either tell or not tell  something that has troubled or haunted me for a very long time ,,,,,,,, and I would think if I did that here , my account would be banned or deleted. That IS the problem right? The victims never felt like they could come forward. There are many more out here and they are not all female vs male or male vs female. 

Inclusion ??? ok sure. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, E3D said:

Everyone is allowed their day in court to defend themselves regardless of the charges. Whats my own opinion and yours is not important. I don't pretend to be a fan of hopkins ever, in fact the opposite. 

This below is not directed at you. 

But everyone might want to be careful on the accusations and logic with respect to inclusion. I have struggled to either tell or not tell  something that has troubled or haunted me for a very long time ,,,,,,,, and I would think if I did that here , my account would be banned or deleted. That IS the problem right? The victims never felt like they could come forward. There are many more out here and they are not all female vs male or male vs female. 

Inclusion ??? ok sure. 

Agree

23 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

No, Look I know people like him as well as him. He thrives on this stuff, why feed him. People who THINK they are doing him harm are only the ones actually feeding him. It' so easy to see this in many maybe more public figures nowadays who also thrive on the chatter, good or bad, THIS was a saying GH lived by for decades.

This whole discussion just shows him how in his own mind how relevant he still is. Sick but true. 

Over the years I personally chose NOT to make him important and when there was an opportunity to make him feel like he wasn't in the room. THAT"S how you deal with people like him , But hey ,whatever works for others or makes them feel better. He doesn't deserve the oxygen, for many reasons.

honestly unless someone shows me his rants or they appear here, i don't think about it. after 2+ years when i drive by his neighborhood i dont even think about it now. But i guarantee you Lehigh County is watching.