COMMONWEALTH vs GEORGE HOPKINS 10-23-19

33 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

honestly unless someone shows me his rants or they appear here, i don't think about it. after 2+ years when i drive by his neighborhood i dont even think about it now. But i guarantee you Lehigh County is watching. 

I always question those who feel they are or have to be  the self appointed  worlds messenger  so I understand where you are coming from. Rarely without motive and always with an agenda. The difference I think is they may be looking at him through a different lens  than we who know him do.  In his favor , not in his favor ? I guess they need to figure that out.

Edited by GUARDLING

28 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

I always question those who feel they are or have to be usually the self appointed  worlds messenger  so I understand where you are coming from. Rarely without motive and always with an agenda. The difference I think is they may be looking at him through a different lens  than we who know him do.  In his favor , not in his favor ? I guess they need to figure that out.

oh those who show it to me are not on his side any longer. some things in 16 happened that took long time fans, supporters and volunteers out of his fan club

Edited by Jeff Ream

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

oh those who show it to me are not on his side anylong. some things in 16 happened that took long time fans, supporters and volunteers out of his fan club

Was going on long before that BUT Again I will say many of those you mention were huge supporters KNOWING who he is. Many close to him just got tossed to the curb and of course didn't like it.. Not opinion, fact

4 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Was going on long before that BUT Again I will say many of those you mention were huge supporters KNOWING who he is. Many close to him just got tossed to the curb and of course didn't like it.. Not opinion, fact

oh i know. he's hated me since i discovered RAMD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

I guess what’s confusing me when you talk of people “knowing” is whether you mean knowing he is a  rapist or merely knowing he is a narcissistic ###.  

3 hours ago, skevinp said:

I guess what’s confusing me when you talk of people “knowing” is whether you mean knowing he is a  rapist or merely knowing he is a narcissistic ###.  

Drum corps is a very tight community,  the who knew what when was a hot topic of conversation when this all happened. Many also received e- mails announcing this was in motion way before it hit the internet. Doesn't matter what I think, ask yourself. 

Just look at other situations that came up and the who knew what when, the ones who ignored things, and I'm not talking GH,  ( not to bring up old topics and litigate everything yet again on line ) As far as being a Narcissistic, that for sure wasn't any secret .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Drum corps is a very tight community,  the who knew what when was a hot topic of conversation when this all happened. Many also received e- mails announcing this was in motion way before it hit the internet. Doesn't matter what I think, ask yourself. 

Just look at other situations that came up and the who knew what when, the ones who ignored things, and I'm not talking GH,  ( not to bring up old topics and litigate everything yet again on line ) As far as being a Narcissistic, that for sure wasn't any secret .

Truth.

• Thanks 1

Further to the previous discussion here of how speedy or not this process is going, I thought it might be worthwhile to look at a different case involving somewhat similar crimes, since it's in the news (and isn't political): today a plea was entered and a schedule was set for the trial of Ghislaine Maxwell, the alleged procurer for the late Jeffrey Epstein. Roughly one year after Epstein's arrest and eleven months after his apparent suicide (no, I don't believe the popular conspiracy theories), during which time she made herself scarce -- but it turns out that wrapping your cell phone in aluminum foil doesn't work -- Maxwell was arrested twelve days ago in New Hampshire at a home she purchased using an LLC, and she appeared remotely in court today from a correctional facility in Brooklyn for her arraignment.

I note that this is the timetable that prosecutors proposed: subpoenas and search warrant returns due by Aug. 21, discovery due by Nov. 9, defense motions due by Nov. 21, the government's response due by Jan. 22, 2021, replies due in Feb. 2021, and the trial is to start on July 12, 2021, almost one year from now.

If they keep to that schedule, it would indeed be faster than Hopkins's case has proceeded, since he was first indicted on Nov. 13, 2018. But I suppose we should check back next July, when I hope we are all focused on drum corps performances instead, and see where the two cases comparatively stand.

One other difference to note: George Hopkins didn't tell the court that he has no income but is prepared to pay to spend his pretrial detention in a luxury hotel. (That proposal from Maxwell was rejected by the judge today.)

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Further to the previous discussion here of how speedy or not this process is going, I thought it might be worthwhile to look at a different case involving somewhat similar crimes, since it's in the news (and isn't political): today a plea was entered and a schedule was set for the trial of Ghislaine Maxwell, the alleged procurer for the late Jeffrey Epstein. Roughly one year after Epstein's arrest and eleven months after his apparent suicide (no, I don't believe the popular conspiracy theories), during which time she made herself scarce -- but it turns out that wrapping your cell phone in aluminum foil doesn't work -- Maxwell was arrested twelve days ago in New Hampshire at a home she purchased using an LLC, and she appeared remotely in court today from a correctional facility in Brooklyn for her arraignment.

I note that this is the timetable that prosecutors proposed: subpoenas and search warrant returns due by Aug. 21, discovery due by Nov. 9, defense motions due by Nov. 21, the government's response due by Jan. 22, 2021, replies due in Feb. 2021, and the trial is to start on July 12, 2021, almost one year from now.

If they keep to that schedule, it would indeed be faster than Hopkins's case has proceeded, since he was first indicted on Nov. 13, 2018. But I suppose we should check back next July, when I hope we are all focused on drum corps performances instead, and see where the two cases comparatively stand.

One other difference to note: George Hopkins didn't tell the court that he has no income but is prepared to pay to spend his pretrial detention in a luxury hotel. (That proposal from Maxwell was rejected by the judge today.)

Did she really or her attorney really make that request?  That won't play well with her future judges & jury members.  I do think that high profile trials such as these also get prioritized and processed at a quicker pace due to the media & public scrutiny.  Even though there is some media coverage, I guess this trial is limited more to the local area of Eastern PA & the DCI community.     

Edited by keystone3ply
cx