COMMONWEALTH vs GEORGE HOPKINS 10-23-19

5 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Did she really or her attorney really make that request?  That won't play well with her future judges & jury members.  I do think that high profile trials such as these also get prioritized and processed at a quicker pace due to the media & public scrutiny.  Even though there is some media coverage, I guess this trial is limited more to the local area of Eastern PA & the DCI community.     

Yes, that was the proposal Maxwell's attorney (who did most of the talking) put forward. But the jury will never hear about it from the court, and a year from now, most potential jurors will have forgotten it anyway.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Yes, that was the proposal Maxwell's attorney (who did most of the talking) put forward. But the jury will never hear about it from the court, and a year from now, most potential jurors will have forgotten it anyway.

Just saw that report this morning.  Incredulous  

On 7/12/2020 at 5:12 AM, skevinp said:

I guess what’s confusing me when you talk of people “knowing” is whether you mean knowing he is a  rapist or merely knowing he is a narcissistic ###.  

Either way it doesn't sound like you wish him well.

(Nor do I, nor, I would imagine, do most people here.)

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

Didn’t The Cadets break from YEA? 

The obligation to Hopkins, if he's right that it exists, has to go to one of the two organizations.

My personal opinion is that he's probably due the reimbursements but shouldn't get a dime of the severance.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

The obligation to Hopkins, if he's right that it exists, has to go to one of the two organizations.

My personal opinion is that he's probably due the reimbursements but shouldn't get a dime of the severance.

That severance is a lot of dough.  How do I get that deal?  Talk about your golden parachute...

Edited by Terri Schehr