COMMONWEALTH vs GEORGE HOPKINS 10-23-19

26 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

The obligation to Hopkins, if he's right that it exists, has to go to one of the two organizations.

My personal opinion is that he's probably due the reimbursements but shouldn't get a dime of the severance.

Ultimately, it should go to his victims.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Either way it doesn't sound like you wish him well.

(Nor do I, nor, I would imagine, do most people here.)

Well, no, but that wasn’t really the point of the question.  Covering  up one is a lot more serious than covering up the other, especially since most people already know about the other.

13 minutes ago, skevinp said:

That raises a good question: what do the Cadets owe the victims?

• Like 1

The obligation to Hopkins, if he's right that it exists, has to go to one of the two organizations.

My personal opinion is that he's probably due the reimbursements but shouldn't get a dime of the severance.

I agree. If there are hard and fast types of payments never made...vacation time and things like that, he would probably get those. Hopefully the rest "goes away", but you never know in an adjudicated situation. My guess is that it will boil down to whether or not the original board's acceptance of his "resignation" counts or whether him being fired by the new board is deemed valid.

• Like 3

That raises a good question: what do the Cadets owe the victims?

I have not seen that the victims have sued the Cadets, quite the reverse from the little I have seen. Those amazing women who I have read posts from seem to be focusing on Hopkins and shielding the Cadets. But I have not seen a lot lately.

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

Have the victims sued Hopkins in civil court? I have not seen that, but they certainly may have. Not sure how that shakes out legally, and in which jurisdictions they, whoever "they" is in this context, would sue in. 

5 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I thought this had already been settled?  Did YEA not enter a countersuit? 

i believe a retirement account was settled. the issue is IMO...did he resign or as he fired? if i recall the new board said they had no written proof of the resignation, so they fired him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1