COMMONWEALTH vs GEORGE HOPKINS 10-23-19

4 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

If he ends up in prison he will need to protect both his cheeks (Chomos tend to be the lowest of the low in the prison pecking order).

Had to google chomos  but my one college roomie was a prison guard where the state kept its lifers. Said the same thing “even the worst of the worst might have kids”....

Previous roomie became a priest so go figure... 🤯

Edited by JimF-LowBari

17 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I'm not a lawyer, but based on what is presented in the article, if accurate, I'd say maybe he has a case as far as the business expenses and the 2017 bonus are concerned, but the rest of it seems unlikely. At least I hope so.

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

If he ends up in prison he will need to protect both his cheeks (Chomos tend to be the lowest of the low in the prison pecking order).

While I would never say that I wish him well, I don't wish this particular attack on anybody, not even Hopkins.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Super Don-O said:

I'm not a lawyer, but based on what is presented in the article, if accurate, I'd say maybe he has a case as far as the business expenses and the 2017 bonus are concerned, but the rest of it seems unlikely. At least I hope so.

He won’t get a penny imo 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MikeD said:

Have the victims sued Hopkins in civil court? I have not seen that, but they certainly may have. Not sure how that shakes out legally, and in which jurisdictions they, whoever "they" is in this context, would sue in. 

probably not until the legal avenues on the criminal case have been resolved

• Like 1

YEA , The Cadets and DCI are likley to be without any cash flow or real income for the next two season due to Covid-19. This is going to have a huge economic impact on the activity as a whole. I really don't see GH seeing a dime from anyone regardless of what the courts saying he might be entitled to down the road. 

24 minutes ago, camel lips said:

YEA , The Cadets and DCI are likley to be without any cash flow or real income for the next two season due to Covid-19. This is going to have a huge economic impact on the activity as a whole. I really don't see GH seeing a dime from anyone regardless of what the courts saying he might be entitled to down the road. 

and we can add his lawyers to that list seeking cash

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

and we can add his lawyers to that list seeking cash

Aka, the pageantry leeches’ leeches.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, camel lips said:

I wish that were long term consolation, but that financial liability, if he prevails, doesn't go away except in bankruptcy (and specifically not retirement funds which are protected in Banko).

If you believe in the Signs of life ($10 to M. Night Shyamalan for an excellent movie), Covid-19 is all of a sudden providing YEA! (the liability is not the new Cadets' liability) with a perfectly valid reason to declare banko, thumb their noses at him, and let crumble into nothing so he doesn't get paid.

Cadets survive, but as part of what is still dramatically uncertain.