COMMONWEALTH vs GEORGE HOPKINS 10-23-19

On 7/28/2020 at 8:35 PM, garfield said:

15th?  

Slacker.

II was on tonight. so of course i watched

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ghost said:

The younger generation probably says the same thing, but inserts The Soprano's for The Godfather.

no one would look at Tony Soprano and say that.

• Like 1

Has anyone seen Mr. Hopkins' FB post from last Friday?  Post just a few days after filing the new lawsuit against YEA & after receiving backlash for his $199k salary? Interesting timing to say the least.  

Last Friday,  July 31st, he posted on his personal page that he was working on his 2019 taxes, with an extension for 2019, & his was looking at past returns which included his 2017 1040 Schedule A with itemized deductions.  He posted a picture of the 2017 1040 Schedule A on the post with the YEA donation highlighted in yellow.    

On the Schedule A, Line 16, (gifts by check or cash), he shows his total monetary giving for 2017 = $49,199.00 with $46,000.00 donated directly to YEA.  He points out that this was his final year with YEA & states "one would think I was the owner 😀".  (statement included the smiling emoji)

There are a couple more statements but unsure if they can be shared on DCP?  The post is on his FB page with some 15k followers & he also shared the post to his "Cadets thru the Eyes of GH" which is a closed group.  I'm sure he wouldn't mind the post being shared since it seems to be posted for the defense of his salary, lawsuit, etc.  Anyone like to opine?

Moderators, if this needs to be removed then my apologies, but I think it's important to his mind set & his pending civil suit that will probably be determined by the criminal case.  These are interesting times to be alive...       

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

“One would think I was the owner 😃” on the tax form?

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

“One would think I was the owner 😃on the tax form?

That statement wasn't on the tax form, but a statement that he made about how much he had donated to YEA, during the 2017 tax season, as their Executive Director.  There were comments from some of his friends & a former board member praising him for the amount he had donated plus positive reinforcement about the amount of his salary.  

I'm not making a comment about the salary amount because it's probably inline with other organizations with those budgets?  I'm just commenting on the series of events over the past two weeks as to his new civil lawsuit of YEA along with his public post following the announcement.  

If you're not on FB, he has also been sharing his opinion on events.  Prior to the new lawsuit, he has shared his views on handling the COVID-19 pandemic as it relates to DCI, YEA, The Cadets, USBands, etc, & also the YEA-Cadets split/restructure.  You can sprinkle in some band competitions, school reopening, & political leadership comments as well.  All can be had on his public FB page without joining the private group.  It is truly entertaining; he could probably charge a pay-per-view fee?         

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Thanks 1

Explains why I couldn’t find the emoji buttons with TurboTax... 😜

Ok I thought maybe GH had found a new way to make sure to be audited. Adding a 😃

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 1

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok I thought maybe GH had found a new way to make sure to be audited. Adding a 😃

Well there was a $500 clothing donation on Line 17.  I've always heard to be careful with clothing donations.  I think Clinton claimed a large amount of old underwear years ago?  :spitting:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

i wouldnt post it.

I received a ruling from one moderator that the public page was probably OK but I could be overruled.  I appreciate his kind response.  
I think I'll just stick to summarization for now.  I don't want to get the 'ole DCP boot up the yin yang.  :thumbup: