COMMONWEALTH vs GEORGE HOPKINS 10-23-19

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

allow me to elaborate more. in discussing my circuits "season" with a director, I mentioned how their new school and facility was awesome and would be a great place to host a corps. Now he doesnt follow DCi like we do, hell he doesnt even do social media. But his exact words were "after that Allentown thing about the abuse, no school in this county would ever host a corps again."

and that ghost will hurt the activity for a long time, and add everything Covid to it...yeah. 

This example is in one local area. It is not the entire country. 

When we take away everything Covid then what? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, garfield said:

Interesting, and me, too.  The second half of that "proposal" (or "discussion paper" they now call it) looked to me, to be MUCH more professionally produced, if not thought out.

I always considered the stark differences in the two, primary men making the proposal and how they each respectively run their organizations to be evident in the two parts of the proposal.

I was not against all of the ideas proffered therein.  I was just against throwing the "minor league" to the curb so that the "major league" could keep all the marbles.  Shockingly, those ideas are still being suggested as the single, viable solution to the seeming "death knell" the activity now faces.

Some people have no memory of what was put forth , and some probably did not bother to read into it back when it was being proposed. 

Most of the folks who want these suggested ideas to "save drum corps" don't understand that it would kill the activity. 

Edited by E3D
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, E3D said:

This example is in one local area. It is not the entire country. 

When we take away everything Covid then what? 

Then we still have the “Allentown” thing... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, E3D said:

Some people have no memory of what was put forth , and some probably did not bother to read into it back when it was being proposed. 

Most of the folks who want these suggested ideas to "save drum corps" don't understand that it would kill the activity. 

Well, at least in your and my beliefs, anyway.

Some may see that as their goal.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, garfield said:

Well, at least in your and my beliefs, anyway.

Some may see that as their goal.

Yes very true. 

Unlike others I'm not pretending to speak for everyone or to post as if I am the only person who has anything to add or that my take is the end all be all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skevinp said:

Thanks, but we can make up our own minds.

Lot of mind readers around here..... 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, skevinp said:

You can say that again.

I was looking in the mirror when I typed that.... and I do admit to making mistakes...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Schopenhauer’s law of entropy:  Add a spoon of wine to a bucket of sewage and you have sewage. Add a spoon of sewage to a bucket of wine and you have sewage. 

As one who has, on a number of occasions, tried to add a spoon of wine to DCP, can confirm the first point, and suspect per the second point that increasing the wine input would never achieve the desired objective as there would always be a spoon of sewage coming from somewhere.

Have decided to instead drink the wine straight from the bottle so as to avoid any impurities.  

• Haha 1