COMMONWEALTH vs GEORGE HOPKINS 10-23-19

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

if you haven't paid attention, housing has been a growing issue across the country.  this topic has been discussed at administrative level meetings across the country. You want to be the superintendent that lets a group in then reports of minor abuse of any nature come in from your property?

yeah neither do they

Obviously I can't speak for the entire country,but I can talk about the area in North Jersey where I live.

Abuse isn't the only concern.

The town I live in always let a corps stay in our Grammar School (We only have one).

But because of Insurance and liability,including having to have a custodian in the building the whole time

the corps was there,they stopped.

As I've also posted previously,we let the Cadets stay there for a few days to practice.

They were,to be polite,not the best guests.

I've also been contacted  a few times by people about trying to get housing for corps for the Easts.

Unfortunately I didn't do very well.

23 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Obviously I can't speak for the entire country,but I can talk about the area in North Jersey where I live.

The town I live in always let a corps stay in our Grammar School (We only have one).

But because of Insurance and liability,including having to have a custodian in the building the whole time

As I've also posted previously,we let the Cadets stay there for a few days to practice.

I've also been contacted  a few times by people about trying to get housing for corps for the Easts.

Not involved in any of this but few years back remember DCI East looking for housing for some corps with less than 2 weeks before the event. Only know because someone posted a plea on DCP because all other sources dried up. Let’s not forget this is not a new or unknown show but one going on since the 70s. IOW not a good sign....

Time for a new thread...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

34 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

liability had been a growing concern. this elevated that concern

29 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Not involved in any of this but few years back remember DCI East looking for housing for some corps with less than 2 weeks before the event. Only know because someone posted a plea on DCP because all other sources dried up. Let’s not forget this is not a new or unknown show but one going on since the 70s. IOW not a good sign....

Time for a new thread...

the last 2 years and the week of

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

yeah cause i don't know people nationally or involved in DCI. not like they tell me anything, like asking me to leak the g7 stuff or other things along the way. and not like i vet things before i type or anything so i am not going off of the words of one person.

i'd say my track record at putting info out here is, well, #### good.

Simply put. I don't believe you have carte blanche on the subject of housing. All the other track record ----------feathers in your cap is your own business and does not effect my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

liability had been a growing concern. this elevated that concern

Just reminded me what caused my old church to start anti-child abuse training and policy changes......

it would reduce the churches insurance rates.....

and yes the insurance company brought it to the churches attention....

2 minutes ago, E3D said:

Simply put. I don't believe you have carte blanche on the subject of housing. All the other track record ----------feathers in your cap is your own business and does not effect my opinion. 

i'm well informed. if i typed half of what i knew this place would explode.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

as you know i ave long said the directors need more than their voice at the table making decisions. But then they have to give up power. its like politicians having the ability to never vote themselves term limits. 

The Corps Directors, in other words, the DCI BoD, are acting a lot like the Generals I used to work for in military (feel free to roll in here JimF-LowBari).  They have a lot of power within their own fiefdoms, and come together at times to make decisions. Some were the best leaders I have ever known- I would charge a machine gun nest for them.  Others (only a few, but it doesn’t take many) were egotistical jerks.  And some pushed the line legally  ethically. But, and here is the point, whenever they got together they had a real hard time disciplining others within the ‘club’.   And we still see that today in DCI it shouldn’t take investigative reporters &  criminal indictments to make a DFTK policy & enforce it!

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
Clarity
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, E3D said:

Jeff has proven to be one of the most reliable posters on DCP and I have never seen him post information out of school.

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'm well informed. if i typed half of what i knew this place would explode.

Wow. Do you realize how arrogant you sound when you say things like that? Also I am sure you are aware their are other points of view. 

Hey if you are the only arbiter of  info why do we have forums to discuss?