COMMONWEALTH vs GEORGE HOPKINS 10-23-19

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

you sadly over estimate the intelligence in this activity

Exactly. Someone right now is sitting there thinking how they can figure out how to hire a PR firm to handle getting GH on board in some capacity. Rather its writing drill, being a consultant or something. Because you know. GH is good for summer marching bands. Rolls Eyes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

I'll take you up on that bet. Nobody with brain cells would ever hire him in any summer or winter programs. He's toxic. This is not some tech person at a very low level. He was  head of an established organization YEA/Cadets.

How much you wanna lay down? 

Someone will hire him ,,rather its a drill writer or as a consultant. He clearly could work under some cloak and dagger company name and skate under the radar probably for a little while. 

10 hours ago, camel lips said:

How much you wanna lay down? 

Someone will hire him ,,rather its a drill writer or as a consultant. He clearly could work under some cloak and dagger company name and skate under the radar probably for a little while. 

He seems to still have some fans, friends, & family on Facebook with "likes" on certain post.  But about 10% were angry emojis. 😡 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

From the article, just wanted to see this in print on the DCP thread:

George Hopkins, the former director of the Allentown Cadets drum and bugle corps who was accused of sexual misconduct by a dozen women, pleaded no contest on Thursday to indecent assault and was sentenced to two years of probation.

Lehigh County Judge James T. Anthony also fined Hopkins $5,000, the most allowed by law, and called him “flatly disgusting.”

“I’m angry. Not just for [the victim], but for all the women who are taken advantage of by predators like you,” the judge said.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/cadets-drum-bugle-corps-george-hopkins-guilty-sexual-abuse-allentown-20200924.html?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

25 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

From the article, just wanted to see this in print on the DCP thread:

George Hopkins, the former director of the Allentown Cadets drum and bugle corps who was accused of sexual misconduct by a dozen women, pleaded no contest on Thursday to indecent assault and was sentenced to two years of probation.

Lehigh County Judge James T. Anthony also fined Hopkins $5,000, the most allowed by law, and called him “flatly disgusting.”

“I’m angry. Not just for [the victim], but for all the women who are taken advantage of by predators like you,” the judge said.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/cadets-drum-bugle-corps-george-hopkins-guilty-sexual-abuse-allentown-20200924.html?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar

"Performing their 2021 program "Flatly Disgusting", Drum Corps International is proud to present The Cadets!"

Your entire bolded text could serve as the narration.

• Like 1

I’m disappointed for his victims that the punishment doesn’t fit the crime. I can only hope he simply fades away into drum corps history. (Though I doubt he will.) He deserves no more attention or time in the spotlight. Or anything from the activity, really. Just stay away, please.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, year1buick said:

I’m disappointed for his victims that the punishment doesn’t fit the crime. I can only hope he simply fades away into drum corps history. (Though I doubt he will.) He deserves no more attention or time in the spotlight. Or anything from the activity, really. Just stay away, please.

Ive said this dozens of times......People like this love the attention, no matter good talk or bad. He has also come from the thought that let people talk , good or bad , as long as they talk. So often those against this person just fuel the ego by constantly talking about him. What drives someone like this nuts ls do not talk about him BUT there are many who just don't get that. ( Notice I won't mention his name )😬

will we see him somewhere in the activity? Don't be surprised, you're right.