COMMONWEALTH vs GEORGE HOPKINS 10-23-19

11 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

His latest meme quote from his Facebook page:

"I used to feel like my side of the story needed to be told to keep the facts right.  Now I don't care what you choose to believe."

I guess the Max Lucado influence is wearing off?  :unsure:

Interestingly, Max Lucado recently shared his experiences of being sexually abused as a child. 

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, camel lips said:

How much you wanna lay down? 

Someone will hire him ,,rather its a drill writer or as a consultant. He clearly could work under some cloak and dagger company name and skate under the radar probably for a little while. 

As long as he isn’t interacting with young people, maybe we shouldn’t give him the satisfaction of caring what he does.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, year1buick said:

How about the member corps voting for a lifetime ban from the activity?

Just don't hire the guy. In this day and age, I personally don't see any corps or band hiring him. Maybe I am too trusting in how the corps/band admins will behave, but there is no upside at all in bringing him on board. By the time he would be able to even try and get his record cleared, he's be in his late 70's. I think he is toast in the marching arts, thankfully.

But, I was wrong one time before in my life   (😎) so who knows!   

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

to be honest i know people that follow his Facebook page just to screen shot stuff and send it to people

Yeah, I took a look at his page. I know some of the people who respond to him. I marched with a couple, judged some of their bands and some of them judged the band I was with. I don't see them really being supportive of GH.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MikeD said:

Just don't hire the guy. In this day and age, I personally don't see any corps or band hiring him. Maybe I am too trusting in how the corps/band admins will behave, but there is no upside at all in bringing him on board. By the time he would be able to even try and get his record cleared, he's be in his late 70's. I think he is toast in the marching arts, thankfully.

You have been around a long time in the activity.....How many times have you seen people forgive, change their views, etc etc for success. Whether it's silently or right out in front of everyone ( more his style ) at first, he will get offers. Although there are many who pick apart his success and who or what was behind it, whether something was done right or wrong, was something enough or not enough, there is no denying there was alot of success which draws people to that. Sad but very true.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MikeD said:

I can speak for myself, as an educator, that I wouldn’t hire the guy, but can only speak for myself.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

You have been around a long time in the activity.....How many times have you seen people forgive, change their views, etc etc for success. Whether it's silently or right out in front of everyone ( more his style ) at first, he will get offers. Although there are many who pick apart his success and who or what was behind it, whether something was done right or wrong, was something enough or not enough, there is no denying there was alot of success which draws people to that. Sad but very true. Can't never say never nor be surprised, competition and a want for success makes some people forget ,conveniently.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, camel lips said:

Just think. One of the Summer Marching Bands or Winter Programs  is thinking up ways right now how they can hire GH in some capacity as a staff member. Bet me. 

Back flip Jesus shall return!

• Haha 3