COMMONWEALTH vs GEORGE HOPKINS 10-23-19

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Which leads to another serious question.  GH was removed from the DCI Hall of Fame on September 26, 2018.  With the "misdemeanor" conviction & not the "felony" conviction, would there be any consideration given to him being reinstated to the HOF?  I'm sure there would be much outrage & protest from the drums corps community.

:grrr:   

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

Yes!  Should be reinstated! HOF is based on the criteria of accomplishments to the activity and not on minor misdemeanors or misdeeds. 

Being in a Hall of Fame is not a right, it’s an honor. So DCI would not have to reinstate him for pleading guilty to a lesser charge than the original charge. People are removed frequently from halls of fame and similar honors for bad behavior. I know of a town that had a beloved football coach in their high school hall of fame who was charged with drunk driving. He was removed immediately. While the accomplishments are the primary reason why a person is nominated, their conduct is part of the criteria as well, and the judge in the case was pretty direct. He abused his power.

• Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Pete Rose would love to have you on his team!

Shoeless Joe Jackson.... but IIRC his glove is in the HoF....

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

🤦‍♀️ Have you lost your mind? 

Here is a bright shiny example for all young people in drum corps 🤮🤮🤮

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

🤦‍♀️ Have you lost your mind? 

When I saw the original comment I thought “Terri’s going to need an extra dose of blood pressure medicine!”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1