COMMONWEALTH vs GEORGE HOPKINS 10-23-19

12 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

The Brides of GH have gone silent lately. Just don’t say their names three times.

Just visited the DCP Facebook page & there's one that made a "passive-aggressive post in support of GH.  She was quickly 'called out' & went back into hiding. I'm off this morning taking my wife to a Dr appointment & I dread it with all of the COVID stuff.  Think I'll just stay in the car.  🤓😷  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Just visited the DCP Facebook page & there's one that made a "passive-aggressive post in support of GH.  She was quickly 'called out' & went back into hiding. I'm off this morning taking my wife to a Dr appointment & I dread it with all of the COVID stuff.  Think I'll just stay in the car.  🤓😷  

Just mask up and hand sanitize and you’ll be fine.  I broke my wrist 9/2.  I’ve had surgery, seen the dentist, and an ENT since then, and I’m fine.  I’m starting PT Wednesday twice a week.

I did have to take a Covid test before surgery.  Uncomfortable.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Have docs with a teaching hospital nearby. Had a medicine check last week at family office and physical next month. Had temperature taken and hardly anyone in main waiting area (chairs spread out). Seemed to get me out of there quick and most waiting was in exam room by myself. Way too young female doc had mask and face shield.

In few days restart hearing aid set of appointments that I cancelled before. That’s at main campus and already had talk with them about precautions. Sound like they have their crap together well as can be expected.

• Like 2

On 9/25/2020 at 6:57 PM, GUARDLING said:

A few things: Gossip and look whos here is  common at most shows, it's always been a big part of the activity. Would you be surprised if I told you there have been offers to this person even before the verdict? Don't be surprised, there are many silent supporters ( Jeff and I don't really get it but he also knows of them ) sorry jeff..lol Will parents be outraged? some maybe. There are many ways to ease back in until noone cares or at least many won't.

One thing that comes to mind in this day and age where information is readily distributed (and a recent example of the use of social media to do so with another corps/instructor situation) - would anyone think they could possibly weather a potential social media storm if any offers/collaboration leaked?  I think the risk far outweighs any benefit of using this person's experience.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

That’s so sad. 

i havent seen much from her to be honest.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Just mask up and hand sanitize and you’ll be fine.  I broke my wrist 9/2.  I’ve had surgery, seen the dentist, and an ENT since then, and I’m fine.  I’m starting PT Wednesday twice a week.

I did have to take a Covid test before surgery.  Uncomfortable.  

I had to swing by clinic the other day.  Had to have temperature taken and asked questions.  Hadn’t been in contact with anyone sick, but I did have Chinese food the night before. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I had to swing by clinic the other day.  Had to have temperature taken and asked questions.  Hadn’t been in contact with anyone sick, but I did have Chinese food the night before. 

At least it wasn’t Korean kimchi.... 😰

Looks like 2 hours Thursday at PSU Hershey Medical for the bad ear. Hearing test to start the day and then initial consult for hearing aid. Then 2 or 3 appointments to get it fit right. Dang previous office sold me a hearing aid, told me where the app was to adjust it and kicked my butt out the door...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

3 hours ago, Continental said:

One thing that comes to mind in this day and age where information is readily distributed (and a recent example of the use of social media to do so with another corps/instructor situation) - would anyone think they could possibly weather a potential social media storm if any offers/collaboration leaked?  I think the risk far outweighs any benefit of using this person's experience.  

People have very short memories. Yes he can be a different story mainly because so many hated, envied, hated, wanted to be a part of what he was doing, hated,  success, hated, Did I mention hated him?

The feelings toward him go far beyond all of this. For many it became an opportunity to confirm the hated, jump on the hate bus many wanted for many years and of course for many the situation of late, a situation of disgust for sure.

It's happened  before, forgiveness for success and lets not forget there are supporters out there. strangely enough.

• Like 1