COMMONWEALTH vs GEORGE HOPKINS 10-23-19

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

and again, it could blow up on them.

He’s pretty screwed right now. So any confusion or doubt they can throw in would benefit the defense. They have more to gain than lose. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MikeD said:

How so? They aren't looking to show it in court. They just want defense team access to review it "in order to prepare a proper defense."

Anything the defense gets the prosecutor also gets. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Anything the defense gets the prosecutor also gets. 

I am sure that by now the prosecution has interviewed the women extensively, beyond anything contained in the interviews. It is obvious from how hard the defense is pushing for this that they do not really think it would be an advantage for the prosecution.

22 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I am sure that by now the prosecution has interviewed the women extensively, beyond anything contained in the interviews. It is obvious from how hard the defense is pushing for this that they do not really think it would be an advantage for the prosecution.

Which makes it a high risk move on the part of the defense - it may help or it may hurt their defensive case. 

Hey Hop. You’re done. You’re out of the activity forever, regardless of what happens in the courts. Your name is crap in the drum corps activity. You lose. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Which makes it a high risk move on the part of the defense - it may help or it may hurt their defensive case. 

Way I see it the defense looks at it and if it makes GH look bad they don’t use it in court. Surprised the defense hasn’t seen it already as appears prosecutors have.

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Way I see it the defense looks at it and if it makes GH look bad they don’t use it in court. Surprised the defense hasn’t seen it already as appears prosecutors have.

The linked article did not mention the prosecution having access to the complete interview video, as far as I could tell. The detectives interviewed the person who appears on the video directly. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MikeD said:

The linked article did not mention the prosecution having access to the complete interview video, as far as I could tell. The detectives interviewed the person who appears on the video directly. 

Ok I misread. 

• Like 1