COMMONWEALTH vs GEORGE HOPKINS 10-23-19

8 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Aghhh first word I happened to notice was “Mechanicsburg”.... too frigging close....

please you have a different zip code....i don't

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Fun fact - in Virginia the ‘Sex-Offender Registry’ is searchable by zip code -  I have 5 grandkids & need to know if any are in the area. 

Few years ago a publisher came out with a magazine with the registry contents for a few county area. All homes got a free one and then subscription after that. Out of a few hundred on the registry we knew 4 of them. Split between people who used to work in my building and 2 distant relatives (one was off his meds and supposedly said something nasty to a girl, dude is scary looking and didn’t remember. So go on list or go to trial... Other distant relative is back in prison and never denied guilt).

Point is we were amazed by number of people on the list. And the one guy from my building who was always very professional was listed as violent and mug shot looked like they pulled him from the gutter. He’s my example of you can’t tell from appearances.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thursday, 24 September 2020, 0930 

Lehigh County Court of Common Pleas
Court Room 5C, Judge James T. Anthony

One week from today & I have questions:

1) Will we know the full details of the plea deal?

2) Will the court records be made public or can they be sealed?

3) Will he be sentenced at a later date?

I asked & googled some answers in a previous post but I still have questions.  #NeverForget  

I think details of plea will likely be public, perhaps not right away.  Depending on victim privacy laws/rules, I think much of the records will also be public.  Concerning sentencing, I think it depends on how much the judge has scheduled that day, as well as if there are victim statements;  sentencing could take a few hours.

• Thanks 1

I looked at the courtroom (5C) schedule for 24 Sep - it states 'Status Conferences' starting at 930 & going all day.  The case we are interested is likely one of many they plan to deal with at that time.

I suspect what we will see is GH stating intention to plead guilty, with a formal plea & sentencing hearing scheduled at that time.  That way the judge has time to go over the case before sentencing; in addition the victims likely will have an opportunity to make statements (I am basing that on Cosby trial (which was also in PA)).  The Court will have to contact the victims so they can prepare their statements & make arrangements to attend if possible.

It ain't over until it is over. (& sometimes even then it ain't over)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mingusmonk said:

I only have twitter to follow some organizations I am connected to... but just added Tricia to my follow list...

• Like 1

I’d like to thank Tricia Nadolny for taking comprehensive interest in this story. When difficult topics like this are found in any organization, and they are, we can all gain valuable insights by knowing the details from every angle. Better prepared going forward.

Tricia is an accomplished journalist known for her high standards of performance. I learned much through her work describing an unfortunate an damaging situation that has come to our house. 

Let the rebuild continue !

:worthy:

• Like 4