COMMONWEALTH vs GEORGE HOPKINS 10-23-19

25 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

You're funny. Yeah what you see on TV is very different from reality. There are no "ah ha" surprise witnesses No old beautiful smoky court rooms. Most look like large  office rooms with low ceiling lights and vents. There are procedures before trial and after trial and discovery. Meaning all evidence on both sides have to be shared before a trial begins. It's actually quiet boring from TV law shows. 

I remember watching Catch me if you can and Frank Abagnale Jr. was pretending to be an attorney.   He boned up on his fake lawyering skills by watching Perry Mason.  The results were predictable. 

50 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

The reason the judge accepted the plea deal may have something to

do with the fact that, according to the article that was posted, the victims were O.K. with it.

One victim said it was not in her best interest to move forward with the case, so that may have played a role from the prosecution side of things and the plea deal.

And as you said, the other victim said she was OK with the plea deal.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, pbeau said:

The only redeeming factor here is that this disgusting predator has to live in his own disgusting skin.

and 3/4 of a mile from me

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, DFA1970 said:

Any criminal convictions would show up on any criminal background checks either state or federal convictions. They are there forever unless you somehow get that expunged from your record.

Fred Morrison could help him try for a fee i am sure

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m no legal expert but if the judge found him so disgusting and was so angry, couldn’t he have overturned the plea deal and sentence himself?   Nice to know that nothing much has changed in 50 + years.  #metoo my ###. 

PA law sadly.

17 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

I'll take you up on that bet. Nobody with brain cells would ever hire him in any summer or winter programs. He's toxic. This is not some tech person at a very low level. He was  head of an established organization YEA/Cadets.

you sadly over estimate the intelligence in this activity

• Like 1
  • Sad 1