COMMONWEALTH vs GEORGE HOPKINS 10-23-19

55 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Ive said this dozens of times......People like this love the attention, no matter good talk or bad. He has also come from the thought that let people talk , good or bad , as long as they talk. So often those against this person just fuel the ego by constantly talking about him. What drives someone like this nuts ls do not talk about him BUT there are many who just don't get that. ( Notice I won't mention his name )😬

will we see him somewhere in the activity? Don't be surprised, you're right.

Yes & it has a name; "Narcissistic Personality Disorder" or "NPD".   :whistle:

https://psychcentral.com/disorders/narcissistic-personality-disorder/

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

If GH ever gets back in to drum corps, that’s the day I leave forever. 

Did he ever really leave drum corps? 

He has a loyal following that consists of many people still actively involved in the activity, including some in positions of leadership with various organizations.  While most have been careful not to interact publicly with him while the water was hot, if you watched close enough you would occasionally see people (administrators, educators right down to adjudicators) interacting with his posts.  He holds onto that audience and pontificates to them on a regular basis about the random doings of drum corps.  I have no doubt that he has communicated "off the grid" with some of those people over the past 18 months.  As the water cools in the coming weeks/months... I have very little doubt that he could land a role somewhere in the marching arts if he wants it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rjohn76 said:

He has a loyal following that consists of many people still actively involved in the activity, including some in positions of leadership with various organizations.  While most have been careful not to interact publicly with him while the water was hot, if you watched close enough you would occasionally see people (administrators, educators right down to adjudicators) interacting with his posts.  He holds onto that audience and pontificates to them on a regular basis about the random doings of drum corps.  I have no doubt that he has communicated "off the grid" with some of those people over the past 18 months.  As the water cools in the coming weeks/months... I have very little doubt that he could land a role somewhere in the marching arts if he wants it.

And that will be it for me. I will be gone.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I would think that even this lesser guilty plea would still prevent him from winning his lawsuit against YEA.  No?  He still broke his contractual obligations of conduct, etc? 🤔 

And the same for any of the victim's possible civil suits?  :giljotiini:  

it depends on how they view the timing of the resignation with the old board vs. the firing by the new board

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, year1buick said:

How about the member corps voting for a lifetime ban from the activity?

and out of the hall of fame

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, rjohn76 said:

to be honest i know people that follow his Facebook page just to screen shot stuff and send it to people

• Like 1