COMMONWEALTH vs GEORGE HOPKINS 10-23-19

9 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

YES!

It has happened and will , as long as there is competition. Some will do ANYTHING for success they can't achieve on their own mostly.  You are also right with hires that don't always pan out..Hire the name,, Usually their success is not just what they do BUT who they surround themselves with. It's like the naive  band director or corps that hires some young person who wears their corps jacket at shows in 97 degrees and who maybe spent one year there gets hired only to find out that just because one marched somewhere doesn't mean they can teach. Not that some good new young instructors also haven't come out of corps. People ( some ) WILL do anything to obtain success. It's been done hundreds of times.

anything to win

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

anything to win

Or stay in power (RB)....

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’ve seen it with my own eyes.  All you have to do is read Tricia’s article A Failure to Protect.  There was one guy who they kept allowing back into drum corps despite being a registered sex offender who had been in prison. Even after her first article. I was incredulous.  With all due respect,  I think the integrity of some of these groups hires, is being grossly overestimated.  A lot of them think that the offender deserves a second chance.  Look at what happened with the Crossmen.

This is why I can barely stomach this activity any longer.  It’s still happening.

Second chances are nothing new, consider fact that Muchacho's director killed Garfield's (the Corps, not DCP-er) drum major,.  He did some years (~8?) in prison & came back like nothing happened. 

DCI (aka the Corps & their directors (most now in DCI HOF)) knew all about it in the early 70's  - did they do anything (other than the 1975 DQ)?

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
1-tick for English execution
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Second chances are nothing new, consider fact that Muchacho's director killed Garfield's (the Corps, not DCP-er) drum major,.  He did some years (~8?) in prison & came back like nothing happened. 

DCI (aka the Corps & their directors (most now in DCI HOF)) knew all about it in the early 70's  - did they do anything (other than the 1975 DQ)?

And at that time ( I was a baby) but always knew the story growing up among many involved or close to the situation and drum corps since the early 40s supported that person and believed  he covered for someone else.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

YUP! and " WE " know in all forms of the activity when this has happened

even if Tricia didnt report on it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

And at that time ( I was a baby) but always knew the story growing up among many involved or close to the situation and drum corps since the early 40s supported that person and believed  he covered for someone else.  

How You Doin

• Haha 1