Valenzuela Stepping Down As Phantom Regiment Executive Director

Phantom Regiment announced today that executive director Rick Valenzuela has resigned from the role he has held for more than 13 years. He will transition out between now and mid-January 2020. “While leading this storied organization has been a labor of love, it is a challenging role,” Valenzuela said. “I’ve been looking for the right […]

View the full article

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

So BD announces RV is returning to Calif. via System Blue admin. officer. Will PR's office manager also be transitioning West? (source BD fb and DCI corps announcements.)

Cost of living could be a factor - remote work perhaps?

21 minutes ago, copyright said:

Cost of living could be a factor - remote work perhaps?

Reminds me when Justin tried to work from Philly. Then again, BD International may be a global (con)quest making Illinois more convenient. We shall see.

my hunch is you'll see more long time faces hook up with suppliers and manufacturers. it's like people leaving Congress to lobby. they did their time, now they want to make some dimes

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

my hunch is you'll see more long time faces hook up with suppliers and manufacturers. it's like people leaving Congress to lobby. they did their time, now they want to make some dimes

Exactly correct. You do your time not making what you're worth so you can move on and put what you learned into the marketplace and make real money. We do it all the time in our own jobs. I did my 20 w/ AT&T so I could move to a new company making twice as much for the same job. Drum corps shouldn't be any different I wouldn't think. 

17 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

and hopefully drum corps folks will have achieved more in real measures than those other folks in WDC.

• Like 1