2021 Proposed Rule Change

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

( A sure fire way to keep this thread alive and get it to 100 pages )

I firmly believe this is a sound proposal and worthwhile of lengthy discussion. 

i give it 4 pages til it wildly veers off topic into a variety of beaten to death issues found in every other thread, thus extending it's life

• Like 2

Clearly this is satire, but I understand some of the frustration. I have discussed the following with several friends of mine, and in some cases our inner drum crops dinosaur starts to show.

-If corps are going the direction of themed uniforms for each season, then the DM should be in a traditional corps uniform. If the head DM is integral to the show theme (think Crossmen last season), then the assistant DMs should be in traditional corps uniforms.

-If not the DMs, then one member must be in a traditional corps uniform, and in a place where they can be easily seen.

-As far as headgear, I would like to see groups wear headgear, and really proper headgear (shako, aussie, etc.), but if not, then possibly for a portion of the show at least. BD won this past year and wore headgear for a portion of their show. Crown wore headgear for even longer, and people still really enjoyed their show. Crossmen's headgear was not traditional in the least, but they wore something.

I am not going to go as far as some and say that I am going to stop watching, supporting, and cheering for these groups, and the young people involved. As a matter of fact, drum corps is my drug of choice, and I have been addicted for years. Yes, some changes to the activity I truly love, some I just like, some I am neutral, others I do not like, and some I hate, but I am here, have been here, and will continue to be here. Why, because the marching arts (HS band, drum corps, college marching band) basically saved my life, and I owe so much to these activities. I still arrange and teach at multiple high schools, and watch as much drum corps as possible in the summer. In the end, I do not like every change that has happened over the years, but I love what the activity is at its core, and no "change" to the activity can take that away from me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i give it 4 pages til it wildly veers off topic into a variety of beaten to death issues found in every other thread, thus extending it's life

you only say that since you started off page 4. weird, since you have expressed that you are uninterested in the topic. :0

21 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

you hate any facet of Notre Dame. You're inelligle. You'd make the smoke blacker

Not counting extra points... what are the numbers of the first three Notre Dame touchdowns in any season?  6-6-6.

I rest my case. :tongue:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ibexpercussion said:

Clearly this is satire, but I understand some of the frustration. I have discussed the following with several friends of mine, and in some cases our inner drum crops dinosaur starts to show.

-If corps are going the direction of themed uniforms for each season, then the DM should be in a traditional corps uniform. If the head DM is integral to the show theme (think Crossmen last season), then the assistant DMs should be in traditional corps uniforms.

-If not the DMs, then one member must be in a traditional corps uniform, and in a place where they can be easily seen.

-As far as headgear, I would like to see groups wear headgear, and really proper headgear (shako, aussie, etc.), but if not, then possibly for a portion of the show at least. BD won this past year and wore headgear for a portion of their show. Crown wore headgear for even longer, and people still really enjoyed their show. Crossmen's headgear was not traditional in the least, but they wore something.

I am not going to go as far as some and say that I am going to stop watching, supporting, and cheering for these groups, and the young people involved. As a matter of fact, drum corps is my drug of choice, and I have been addicted for years. Yes, some changes to the activity I truly love, some I just like, some I am neutral, others I do not like, and some I hate, but I am here, have been here, and will continue to be here. Why, because the marching arts (HS band, drum corps, college marching band) basically saved my life, and I owe so much to these activities. I still arrange and teach at multiple high schools, and watch as much drum corps as possible in the summer. In the end, I do not like every change that has happened over the years, but I love what the activity is at its core, and no "change" to the activity can take that away from me.

I like your sentiment, but I disagree with your other main point. I think it is now totally up to each corps to choose whatever is in their total package including dress, music, etc., etc. We will get used to it after a show or two.

13 minutes ago, denmum said:

I like your sentiment, but I disagree with your other main point. I think it is now totally up to each corps to choose whatever is in their total package including dress, music, etc., etc. We will get used to it after a show or two.

Agreed, but it would be nice that if even they did use one of the members, there was a display of the "old/traditional uniform" during each show.

31 minutes ago, brassboy62 said:

you only say that since you started off page 4. weird, since you have expressed that you are uninterested in the topic. :0

i am however interested in opportunities for humor. several replies have presented opportunity, especially those bashing Notre Dame football

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, denmum said:

was there this much complaining about uniforms when a corps made changes in the past? I mean SCV has had red, green, white and even yellow accents and i don't remember this much teeth gnashing. Well, outside of tan Phantom that is. i think most hated that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

was there this much complaining about uniforms when a corps made changes in the past? I mean SCV has had red, green, white and even yellow accents and i don't remember this much teeth gnashing. Well, outside of tan Phantom that is. i think most hated that.

Agree-one other some might add-Cadets black unis.

I love SCV's vintage uniforms. I really hate the new digitally designed uniforms. I think they look tacky. Corps no longer have uniforms. They are costumes.