2021 Proposed Rule Change

2 minutes ago, denmum said:

Agree-one other some might add-Cadets black unis.

Keep the thread alive! 

I liked the all black Cadets. Very Cadetish. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Keep the thread alive! 

I liked the all black Cadets. Very Cadetish. 

Actually I did too, but I'm not sure what the majority is saying.

8 minutes ago, denmum said:

Agree-one other some might add-Cadets black unis.

well yeah i assumed that was universally hated LOL

• Thanks 1

This thread-Uniform Uniformity-for me it should be looked at by Major league Baseball. That bugs me how on some teams you can have at least 5 different variations within the same "uniform". Mostly it is the length of the pants and the amount of socks showing. There is no uniform uniformity in MLB.

How about if MLB uniforms itself like drum corps uniforms? No wait, it'd be known as MLBWGI. 

Only 95 more pages to go.

3 hours ago, brassboy62 said:

Now that corps feel they must change their uniform every year, it has become increasingly expensive. It used to be rare, that a corps changed their uniform design. When a corps entered the field, for the first time that year, you would instantly know who they are. Now you often must wait for the announcer to identify the group, to know. Fans and judges have their favorites. Judges are more likely to have a favorable opinion of corps of which they are already a fan. If everyone has the same uniform, this would make it harder for judges to be influenced by fan loyalty.  Obviously, judges would learn, who is who, by the end of the season. This would, at least, level the playing field at the beginning of the year.

Wut????? Who is to say those biases wouldn’t kick in as soon as the corps was snnounced. 

Edited by Sutasaurus

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

was there this much complaining about uniforms when a corps made changes in the past? I mean SCV has had red, green, white and even yellow accents and i don't remember this much teeth gnashing. Well, outside of tan Phantom that is. i think most hated that.

Heck... in the 1980s SCV changed the color of their uniform pants during their show, and folks loved it!!! LOL

• Like 2