New World or Open Class corps for 2020?

Anyone know of any Open Corps applying to be World Class corps?

Groups applying for Open Class status?

Any Open corps who did not attend Championships last year and plan to do so in 2020 (thereby competing in World Class Prelims, making it relevant to this forum)?

Finally, in addition to Kidsgrove Scouts, any word of other International groups coming?

Edited by wolfgang

4 hours ago, wolfgang said:

Anyone know of any Open Corps applying to be World Class corps?

Groups applying for Open Class status?

Any Open corps who did not attend Championships last year and plan to do so in 2020 (thereby competing in World Class Prelims, making it relevant to this forum)?

Finally, in addition to Kidsgrove Scouts, any word of other International groups coming?

I know from internet search but how about doing your own?

Do you want to know the stock today? 

3 hours ago, KeithHall said:

I thought this was about the New World Order LOL

leave Hogan, Hall and Nash out of this

Phenom, a Soundsport group run by the parent organization of The Academy announced they applied for Open Class. This is found under the "History" section of their website, "In 2020, Phenom has applied for Open Class status in Drum Corps International, and upon final approval early in 2020, the ensemble will compete as an Open Class competitive unit."

I took a look at some other Soundsport groups to see if any were joining or applying for Open Class and found:

• Appalachian Gold - No Announcement
  • Arsenal - No Announcement
  • Compass - No Announcement (side-note, they have one of the best websites I've seen from a drum corps)
  • Conquest - No Announcement
  • The Diplomats - No Announcement
  • Impact - All-Age thus ineligible for Open Class
  • Lone Star - No Announcement
  • Railmen - All-Age thus ineligible for Open Class
  • Rogues Hollow Regiment - All-Age thus ineligible for Open Class
  • Thunder of Roanoke - Staying in Soundsport for 2020
  • Zephyrus - Staying in Sounsport for 2020

Based on when Genesis and Music City announced they were going World Class (pretty much right after their last Open Class season concluded) I doubt anyone will move into World this year. However if anyone is ready to it would most likely be Spartans or Legends (depending on their finances and the hope that we won't have another mid-season we're broke please help announcement)

BDB recently announced they'd be returning to Indy 2020, no word if SCVC will follow suit or stay in California. We won't know until the schedule is released if any other regionally touring corps will come/return to Indy. If any I believe Battalion, Vessel, or Impulse may be ready to return/appear for the first time.

Additionally, Beeches Performance Ensemble (DCUK Silver medalist, DCE bronze medalist) will be joining Kidsgrove in the USA this summer bringing us two International corps for the first time since 2015 I believe.

Edited by Cascadia
  • Thanks 2