Bushwackers- going, going, gone?

Not sounding like they will make it back to the field. Board won't let them leave (small matter of $25,000 owed to them) and will probably sell off the assets to recoup the debt.

Oh yeah.the website is now down as well.

I guess we all saw this coming. Once longtime stalwarts like Morlot and Dugan left it was just a matter of time...

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Algernon said:

Not sounding like they will make it back to the field. Board won't let them leave (small matter of $25,000 owed to them) and will probably sell off the assets to recoup the debt.

Oh yeah.the website is now down as well.

I guess we all saw this coming. Once longtime stalwarts like Morlot and Dugan left it was just a matter of time...

Well, this would be terrible news. Not only was that a corps that valued quality performance standards, they were a past championCould also mean loss of show sponsorship. My experience with Jay was a good one.

All we can do is hope for a positive resolution.

Bushwackersdc.org is still up...

interesting... there is a https://bushwackers.org site that comes back as a possible hack site. Notice https (secure site) in address

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I saw there was drama after the merger with Imperial Dynasty was undone, but I did see a new website was launched. I've heard various tales from both camps, not sure why the merger fell through, but I will say the stuff dpread around about the ID guys was utter horse ####, and no matter what or who is to blame, those guys do things the right way. They got burnt once by trying to help out CWp when it was launched, and if they backed out, well that means something was rotten in Denmark. I personally thought the move to DE made a lot of sense in a variety of ways that could only be good for Bush

• Like 1

What was the old website. What I thought was a hack site might have been the old one that is no longer secure due to bad cert. Browser gave some weird message that might have thrown me 

ps found the current corps site from wiki page for Bushwackers. See the wiki entry was updated 19 days ago so maybe the website was what was changed

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Curious to me, no one from Bushwackers reading here (has to be some) has come forward to discount this report as unfounded. This kind of rumor would seem to negatively affect recruiting for the new season.  Several corps use the next four weeks for Open House events, etc.

I want to believe this is a careless, nasty rumor. If so, it still needs to be cleared up. Agree?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Curious to me, no one from Bushwackers reading here (has to be some) has come forward to discount this report as unfounded. This kind of rumor would seem to negatively affect recruiting for the new season.  Several corps use the next four weeks for Open House events, etc.

I want to believe this is a careless, nasty rumor. If so, it still needs to be cleared up. Agree?

well.......to be honest......DCP isn't the go to source for info anymore, and I have seen nothing on Facebook or twitter....didn't look at reddit. I have reached out to people I know and they say this is news to them if true, and they'd know.

1 hour ago, Fred Windish said:

So sorry to hear this, Jay.  I could always tell your heart was really into the organization. Maybe something will change. 

The board of directors are holding the corps hostage because of their own incompetence and mismanagement, So sad a corps with such a rich history is going through such a mess. There is a group trying to step up and save the corps and find a solution that will work for both groups but the present board of directors won't budge. Time is running out FAST.

J