Bushwackers- going, going, gone?

1 hour ago, HBD said:

The board of directors are holding the corps hostage because of their own incompetence and mismanagement, So sad a corps with such a rich history is going through such a mess. There is a group trying to step up and save the corps and find a solution that will work for both groups but the present board of directors won't budge. Time is running out FAST.

J

is there a way to boot them out?

8 hours ago, HBD said:

Nope

Sad. When I heard the stuff being said about the ID guys I feared the worst. 

yet again business sense and DCA seem far apart

3 hours ago, Algernon said:

apology accepted 

What are you, Jay's spokesperson? :tongue:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

What are you, Jay's spokesperson? :tongue:

i was looking for something that had been said that required an apology

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i was looking for something that had been said that required an apology

It’s somewhere with the hard info backing up the story.... 🙄

• Like 1

so...i've been thinking about this. I remember when the move to DE was announced and i was like "wtf?"....then I thought about it.

ID has local contacts, access to multiple facilities, good folks at working grants, and it's also not in an area with 2 DCI corps, as well as cabs and Fusion to fight for bodies. easy access to Philly and all those Annapolis schools, even some south Jersey. some pretty smart thoughts after all. Add in an alumnus who is passionate, well known in the region with a ton of contacts, and also creative when it comes to design on the side. I thought it'd be great.

Then the merger was undone, JP was gone, Bush alumni trashing the ID guys and spreading all kinds of lies...and I just sat back and thought "well, they're ####ed". Guess i was right. I am sure some Bush alum or board member will see this and send me nasty grams, but i'll say this....if the bad news is really true, the current board has no one to blame but themselves. In todays DCA, it's incredibly hard to to come back from the dead.

• Like 3

On 11/8/2019 at 10:32 PM, Jeff Ream said:

so...i've been thinking about this. I remember when the move to DE was announced and i was like "wtf?"....then I thought about it.

ID has local contacts, access to multiple facilities, good folks at working grants, and it's also not in an area with 2 DCI corps, as well as cabs and Fusion to fight for bodies. easy access to Philly and all those Annapolis schools, even some south Jersey. some pretty smart thoughts after all. Add in an alumnus who is passionate, well known in the region with a ton of contacts, and also creative when it comes to design on the side. I thought it'd be great.

Then the merger was undone, JP was gone, Bush alumni trashing the ID guys and spreading all kinds of lies...and I just sat back and thought "well, they're ####ed". Guess i was right. I am sure some Bush alum or board member will see this and send me nasty grams, but i'll say this....if the bad news is really true, the current board has no one to blame but themselves. In todays DCA, it's incredibly hard to to come back from the dead.

Forgive my ignorance Jeff but who are the ID Guys?

1 hour ago, Bucbari said:

Forgive my ignorance Jeff but who are the ID Guys?

the folks that run Imperial Dynasty Arts Program

http://imperialdynasty.org/