Bushwackers- going, going, gone?

32 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I thought that each DCA corps negotiated a performance $$$ amount with individual show sponsors. 

It is my understanding that each organization receives a single share based on their class for each attended sanctioned DCA contest regardless of weather conditions affecting the competition. This compensation is determined by DCA and is disbursed to each organization at the conclusion of the season minus membership fees. Open Class organizations receive a larger share amount than A Class. 

It’s also my understanding that each individual organization can negotiate additional performance compensation with individual show sponsors. The agreed negotiated amount is a direct payment made to the organization from the sponsor. 

I’m not aware of any compensation made to all-age organizations directly by DCI. There may be some minimum compensation made by the DCI show sponsor to an all-age organization. 

So my guess is that DCA shares are larger compensation than that of DCI. 

Edited by Poppycock

15 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

It is my understanding that each organization receives a single share based on their class for each attended sanctioned DCA contest regardless of weather conditions affecting the competition. This compensation is determined by DCA and is disbursed to each organization at the conclusion of the season minus membership fees. Open Class organizations receive a larger share amount than A Class. 

It’s also my understanding that each individual organization can negotiate additional performance compensation with individual show sponsors. The agreed negotiated amount is a direct payment made to the organization from the sponsor. 

I’m not aware of any compensation made to all-age organizations directly by DCI. There may be some minimum compensation made by the DCI show sponsor to an all-age organization. 

So my guess is that DCA shares are larger compensation than that of DCI. 

Ah, thanks. 

20 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

And in practice, how does that system play out?  Is it equal pay for equal work?  Or do the winners get paid more?

Reading the subsequent post, it seems to be a mix of how corps are paid. My guess is a more successful corps will command a higher performance fee, esp if they bring a large number of fans with them that will spend $$$ at the show.

15 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Reading the subsequent post, it seems to be a mix of how corps are paid. My guess is a more successful corps will command a higher performance fee, esp if they bring a large number of fans with them that will spend $$$ at the show.

They bring fans with them?  Do they charter additional buses for that?  Is that why DCA corps complain about their bus bills?

17 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

They bring fans with them?  Do they charter additional buses for that?  Is that why DCA corps complain about their bus bills?

Don’t think all the Buccs and Cabs fans live in Reading and Hawthorne. Years back we had “prize money” and minimum amount was set by DCA for DCA sanctioned shows. I was told corps signed contracts for shows and $$$ amount was between the corps rep and show rep. Caveat: heard it second hand and long ago so forget details 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

And in practice, how does that system play out?  Is it equal pay for equal work?  Or do the winners get paid more?

corps that draw fans get more

50 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Not that I know, but some DCA corps are known to have a lot of fans who tend to come to see them, from many geographic areas. I did not mean to word it to make it look like the corps itself brought the fans on busses. My bad.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Not that I know, but some DCA corps are known to have a lot of fans who tend to come to see them, from many geographic areas. I did not mean to word it to make it look like the corps itself brought the fans on busses. My bad.

I was thinking on DCI side of there is a local show with middle of the road corps and...... the Blue Devils. Kinda think Concord would pull in more warm bodies

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Oh, great - the G7 theory in action!  So this should be a rousing success, and DCA should be the envy of DCI, right?

He's here all week, folks.

Try the prime rib. :tongue: