Sign in to follow this  
Algernon

Bushwackers- going, going, gone?

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Have no idea how pay for play works since the 1st gets set amount etc for DCA. Somehow I don’t think cutting down prize money will hurt Buccs as much as other corps that will taking a cut. 

Yeah Fran was thinking Tour de Baltimore as I was typing. Guess it’s not called Paying the Bus Bill Day anymore

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's update for everyone. As of yesterday, 11/17/2019, the outgoing board of directors appointed a new board of directors from the transitional team made up of Bush Alumni. All of the equipment, uniforms, costumes and trailers the corps ended the 2019 season with on Labor Day is still with the corps. Outstanding loans have been paid (no where near the amount mentioned in this thread) and the corps is in the best shape financially it has ever been in after a change of board members/administration. 

The corps was into the merger for six weeks before things got nasty on the internet and Imperial Dynasty decided to revoke the merger. That was shame because the merger was the best move forward for the Bushwackers as previously noted in this thread. 

At that time, with no administration (previously Imperial Dynasty staff) the corps was the responsibility of the board of directors. We met with transitional team members from our alumni and after four weeks a second meeting was held where the new board was appointed (as suggested by the transitional team) and the old board resigned. 

At no point was the corps being held hostage. After the merger was revoked there was no new board or administration to hand the corps over to. It was the responsibility of the outgoing board to make sure we handed over the Bushwackers to a responsible board of directors and alumni. This is what we did yesterday. We are confident the new board and administration will move the corps in the right direction.

The outgoing board wishes the Bushwackers all the best the rest of this year, in 2020 and beyond. Go Bush!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

You can reduce the disparity by moving from "prize money" (where the winners get all the $$$) to "revenue sharing" (where ideally, corps would get equal pay for equal work).

except it's not prize money. it's every corps for themselves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bushdm1986 said:

Here's update for everyone. As of yesterday, 11/17/2019, the outgoing board of directors appointed a new board of directors from the transitional team made up of Bush Alumni. All of the equipment, uniforms, costumes and trailers the corps ended the 2019 season with on Labor Day is still with the corps. Outstanding loans have been paid (no where near the amount mentioned in this thread) and the corps is in the best shape financially it has ever been in after a change of board members/administration. 

The corps was into the merger for six weeks before things got nasty on the internet and Imperial Dynasty decided to revoke the merger. That was shame because the merger was the best move forward for the Bushwackers as previously noted in this thread. 

At that time, with no administration (previously Imperial Dynasty staff) the corps was the responsibility of the board of directors. We met with transitional team members from our alumni and after four weeks a second meeting was held where the new board was appointed (as suggested by the transitional team) and the old board resigned. 

At no point was the corps being held hostage. After the merger was revoked there was no new board or administration to hand the corps over to. It was the responsibility of the outgoing board to make sure we handed over the Bushwackers to a responsible board of directors and alumni. This is what we did yesterday. We are confident the new board and administration will move the corps in the right direction.

The outgoing board wishes the Bushwackers all the best the rest of this year, in 2020 and beyond. Go Bush!

very good to hear

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2019 at 3:31 PM, drumlaw80 said:

 

 Ditto for allowing one corps to win every championship for decades without doing anything whatsoever to introduce parity into the organization., except tell the other corps to get better.  As if that was going to solve the problem.  

 

 

Actually, that would solve the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, VOReason said:

Actually, that would solve the problem.

“Allowing one corps to win...” and the answer is cook the books?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VOReason said:

Actually, that would solve the problem.

I agree.  All corps better, stronger, whatever  = better product that people would pay to see.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VOReason said:

Actually, that would solve the problem.

so what is the solution? penalize Bucs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2019 at 7:03 AM, cixelsyd said:

You can reduce the disparity by moving from "prize money" (where the winners get all the $$$) to "revenue sharing" (where ideally, corps would get equal pay for equal work).

I thought that each DCA corps negotiated a performance $$$ amount with individual show sponsors. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

except it's not prize money. it's every corps for themselves

 

15 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I thought that each DCA corps negotiated a performance $$$ amount with individual show sponsors. 

And in practice, how does that system play out?  Is it equal pay for equal work?  Or do the winners get paid more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.