Males vs Females demographic.

16 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Well yeah, no surprise in those 4 categories.  What other categories do people think contribute to the budget? Payroll I suppose,  but I don't think any instructor gets rich teaching drum corps.  What does a caption head earn, $50K? $75K?

I've heard "some" corps even have placement bonuses written into the contracts. Other presume good placement will earn their faculty endorsement options. BITD, we didn't even get toll money for the transportation from one side of the Hudson to the other.

On 11/14/2019 at 6:16 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

I’d say equipment and that’s just considering ye olde percussion and horns....

Arent they donated?

On 11/6/2019 at 8:40 PM, MikeN said:

I’m sorry you don’t believe in polyrhythm.  I’ll stay on topic.

☺️

Mike

You should you know we don't discuss ineffective birth control methods here.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, FlamMan said:

Arent they donated?

Don’t think all corps get the goodies so manufacturers can use them in ads...

• Like 1

On 11/6/2019 at 2:08 PM, JAZZER said:

In the DCI News "5 Things we already know about the 2020 Madison Scouts" article in mentions in #5 ...." He also said that female interest in the first year that all genders will be able to audition for the corps is strong, slightly exceeding the average demographic of males vs. females across DCI corps."

Is there a DCI link, or other public access link that shares the stats on this demographic? 

Sorry...too lazy to find on my own.

In regards to the "Great Distraction of 2019" and the Madison Scouts, I would take any statistical evidence offered by the incredibly failed executive staff

with questioned credibility.   That feedback is measured to invoke more false optimism,  by the abundantly failing Executive Director.  Its sad, and shameful

to drag a world class organization through the mud in an effort to save one's own face.  We will miss the real Madison Scouts.  Long live their memory.  

• Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 4:51 AM, JimF-LowBari said:

Don’t think all corps get the goodies so manufacturers can use them in ads...

I would think the majority get at least battery instruments at greatly reduced prices but very few get them for free most likely. I could be wrong though. Front ensemble stuff is stupid expensive as are horns from what I've seen. My thoughts on it are further reinforced by seeing so many full batteries and horns for sale after the season ends. Would most manufacturers allow a corps to sell equipment that has been donated? Just a question. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I would think the majority get at least battery instruments at greatly reduced prices but very few get them for free most likely. I could be wrong though. Front ensemble stuff is stupid expensive as are horns from what I've seen. My thoughts on it are further reinforced by seeing so many full batteries and horns for sale after the season ends. Would most manufacturers allow a corps to sell equipment that has been donated? Just a question. 

I see posts where corps seem to sell the equipment quickly also. Also have seen posts where people have bought horns and they’re crap (no idea of age). Having used same horn for 6 years (new piston/rotor) and 5 years (used 3v G) without issue... wth...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I'm glad to see the demographic move a little bit. I know we had a good number at UA when I was there in the early 90's who marched. It's become a very expensive thing to do to march. As has been said, I'm sure that staff and transportation costs as well as musical licensing, etc have really added up in the last 29 years (God has it really been that long...)

I have an easy simple way for every drum corps to save money...Wear the same uniform for many years and keep your instruments longer. You are welcome.

• Haha 1

On 11/14/2019 at 7:05 PM, FlamMan said:

Well yeah, no surprise in those 4 categories.  What other categories do people think contribute to the budget? Payroll I suppose,  but I don't think any instructor gets rich teaching drum corps.  What does a caption head earn, $50K? $75K?

staff, equipment and instruments, uniform, all kinds of stupid stuff that generally aligns with what they don't like about show design today