Happy Veterans Day!

49 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

Yes but I wanted pizza.

Last room mate at college did a hitch in the Army (1975-1978) so he could afford to go to college. Wanted to be a cop so they made him an MP. Only thing he guarded was an empty field and local hospital ER area in Germany over the weekends. (If any GIs came in messed up from the bars he kept them out of trouble. Easy duty as they were too messed up to cause more trouble.) 

Always forget him when think of the vets I know so thanks for the reminder of him and his frat.... XGI (seriously)

6 hours ago, cybersnyder said:

I have veterans guilt because I didn’t do time in the sand. So, I don’t do the free stuff. But I do take the veterans parking spot at Harris Teeter ( grocery store chain)

i'm the same, but my waitress id'd me for beer and saw my veteran designation.  she just removed it from my bill without me even asking. 

funny, because the only reason i got it on my id in the first place was so i could get free parking at vegas resorts. 

• Like 1

I was an MP from 1978-81 and a K9 Handler. My last 2 years I was stationed at Seneca Army Depot on SRT and RF. 1985-88 I was a chaplain's assistant and the only thing I got to do was protect the chaplain from doing dumb things LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KeithHall said:

I was an MP from 1978-81 and a K9 Handler. My last 2 years I was stationed at Seneca Army Depot on SRT and RF. 1985-88 I was a chaplain's assistant and the only thing I got to do was protect the chaplain from doing dumb things LOL

Your chaplains need K9 handlers? Never will understand our neighbors in Trudeauland.

Go Islanders! Dump Taveres.

Edited by xandandl

2 hours ago, KeithHall said:

I googled and see Seneca AD has largest herd of white deer in the world. WTH did you guys store up there?

Thinking of nasty rumors of stuff stored/hidden/buried in base I work at. 🥵

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I googled and see Seneca AD has largest herd of white deer in the world. WTH did you guys store up there?

Thinking of nasty rumors of stuff stored/hidden/buried in base I work at. 🥵

Yep! The SRT team had a jurisdiction of the Continental US so we were armed to the teeth with everything! Yes whatever you think it was bigger

On 11/12/2019 at 10:03 AM, ironlips said:

Saluting you, Sgt. Oscar, with a 1.5 oz shot of high velocity Mezcal.

Sgt. Frank

142nd Armor 1968-73

St. Catherine's Queensmen

Sunrisers

Frank , got out on June 7 1977 and joined Sunrisers June 10 1977.  Marched the American Flag Section -the lip was not in shape- but that was one hell of a summer after being discharged....lol

Edited by Bucbari

3 hours ago, KeithHall said:

Yep! The SRT team had a jurisdiction of the Continental US so we were armed to the teeth with everything! Yes whatever you think it was bigger

I probably have you beat - 400kt nuclear warheads. Heh. 

• Haha 1