What are you looking forward to?

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

and yet you still watch..lol

Reading comprehension not your thing?  That’s okay. You do you. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Reading comprehension not your thing?  That’s okay. You do you. 

well you do have a choice now don't you. Don't you have the same assessment toward DCI? just asking

All of 5 min. to make a judgement..WOW you're pretty good

I actually don't totally disagree, some shows in all aspects of our activity can be over produced

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mello Dude said:

Pretty much this.  I appreciate it but seriously, if it adds nothing it ads nothing.  OMG they lunged again!!!!!  Ya, don't see that 1000x at a show.....

OMG! The flags are spinning again! OMG! Did you you see that rifle toss? Was that a company front?!? Did that trumpet just nail a high G? 
Never saw anything like it! Not since the last band, anyway. 

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

OMG! The flags are spinning again! OMG! Did you you see that rifle toss? Was that a company front?!? Did that trumpet just nail a high G? 

OMG they sat on chairs for 2 minutes playing!!!!!  Did you see the way they sat down?!!!!  It's AMAZING!!!!  Holy COW did you hear that AMP!!!!  Just no words to describe that volume.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1. Revamped Cadets
  2. Bluecoats -They were Excellent the last two years, Should have won last year.
  3. Crown- How do you get the judges to respect your visual program when you march more than almost every top corps?
  4. Vanguard- Just one year removed from gold. They can do it again.
  5. Cavaliers- When the Cavaliers are good, they scare everyone.
  6. Boston- Waiting for them to take that next step.
  7. Spirit-This is the year they make finals! Hopefully.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I’m looking forward to a “Reformation” in Drum Corps. So many props, so many gimmicks, so much running around sideways (even snares!), so much Pit (how many xylophones & marimbas do you really need?), so much overproduction that it detracts from the overall raw power and visual beauty of the brass ensemble.

It doesn’t need to be 1974 again either, but, c’mon, less is more!

Like a Martin Luther thing? So someone could post their 95 Theses about DCI?

10 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Absolutely! A lot of visual distraction with body movements and angry face. If it doesn’t fit don’t force it. 

Angry faces and growling in drum corps should be banned. Stoic faces while performing angry and intense music, fine. Faked angry faces doesn't sell me anything.

Edited by OldSnareDrummer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

OMG they're bending their knees and twisting!  Oh now they're tilting to the left at a 45 degree angle!  Love that background track over the speakers....now my chair is vibrating from the overdone goo!!  LOVE IT!  That tinny horn sound like it's coming out of a 100 foot tunnel!!  Love those mics!  Oh look fake sobbing from the guard!  They are SOOOO talented!!

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

9 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

OMG they sat on chairs for 2 minutes playing!!!!!  Did you see the way they sat down?!!!!  It's AMAZING!!!!  Holy COW did you hear that AMP!!!!  Just no words to describe that volume.

32 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

OMG they're bending their knees and twisting!  Oh now they're tilting to the left at a 45 degree angle!  Love that background track over the speakers....now my chair is vibrating from the overdone goo!!  LOVE IT!  That tinny horn sound like it's coming out of a 100 foot tunnel!!  Love those mics!  Oh look fake sobbing from the guard!  They are SOOOO talented!!

I'm sorry.  I missed all those moves since I've been watching the pit choreography trying to find the next  "Anna".  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qjtw_vN0AM 

• Haha 1

“Pit choreography”.  You win the thread. You said all that needs to be said in two words. 

• Haha 1