What are you looking forward to?

1 hour ago, KeithHall said:

Like a Martin Luther thing? So someone could post their 95 Theses about DCI?

Yes!  Wittenberg = Lucas Oil Stadium &  Gaudy Over-Produced modern Drum Corps = Indulgences.

I shall get my scroll and start working on it.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Yes!  Wittenberg = Lucas Oil Stadium &  Gaudy Over-Produced modern Drum Corps = Indulgences.

I shall get my scroll and start working on it.

DCP doesn't have enough "burnings at the stake" already?  Cue Boston, "Wicked." (racks mean something other in DCI-lingo.)

28 minutes ago, xandandl said:

But I thought the DCP dinos like Growlers.

Because we are growlers doesn't mean we like growling. Does that mean we don't like ourselves? Hell, I dunno. I forget. Pass me my Geritol, please. 

13 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Because we are growlers doesn't mean we like growling. Does that mean we don't like ourselves? Hell, I dunno. I forget. Pass me my Geritol, please. 

I'll have Terri or Fran explain this to you...

Growler
Jug

Description

A growler is a glass, ceramic, plastic, or stainless steel bottle used to transport draft beer in the United States, Canada, Australia, Brazil and other countries. They are commonly sold at breweries and brewpubs as a means to sell take-out craft beer. Rarely, beers are bottled in growlers for retail sale. Wikipedia

Now you can return to your Flo-charts for armchair adjudicating BOA second day of prelims in LOS from your mancave or homeoffice.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

Over-produced? You betcha; often. And those programs do not compete as well.
Focused intent competes. Always has.

As to this weekend's BOA Championships: there are 91 entries. Some will not be competitive at all. I remain fascinated by trends. New ones often show up on summer fields. Love to know the source material.

One man's observations.

54 minutes ago, BranchHill said:

Over-produced? You betcha; often. And those programs do not compete as well.
Focused intent competes. Always has.

As to this weekend's BOA Championships: there are 91 entries. Some will not be competitive at all. I remain fascinated by trends. New ones often show up on summer fields. Love to know the source material.

One man's observations.

Such as a shift in prop designs to something like this (it's actually not a tunnel but a flat board design.)

optical-illusions-hallway

And most interesting is that the winner of the recent San Antonio BOA regional went counter-trend with no props while they actually did drill!!!

Edited by xandandl
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

But I thought the DCP dinos like Growlers.

Dang I got it but bro in law works at a microbrewery or brew house or in between jobs for some stupid reason or another 

On topic will be semi retired so hopefully more chance to watch shows online to see (or at least get used to) if shows today still hold my interest 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Presenting their 2020 program - “Martin Luther:  Reformation, 95 theses, and a door, Drum Corps International is PROUD to present...”

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Presenting their 2020 program - “Martin Luther:  Reformation, 95 theses, and a door, Drum Corps International is PROUD to present...”

Cadets (maybe they'll like our long-winded program title THIS time...) :peek: