What are you looking forward to?

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

I'll have Terri or Fran explain this to you...

Growler
Jug

Description

A growler is a glass, ceramic, plastic, or stainless steel bottle used to transport draft beer in the United States, Canada, Australia, Brazil and other countries. They are commonly sold at breweries and brewpubs as a means to sell take-out craft beer. Rarely, beers are bottled in growlers for retail sale. Wikipedia

Now you can return to your Flo-charts for armchair adjudicating BOA second day of prelims in LOS from your mancave or homeoffice.

:guinesssmilie: 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

well you do have a choice now don't you. Don't you have the same assessment toward DCI? just asking

All of 5 min. to make a judgement..WOW you're pretty good

I actually don't totally disagree, some shows in all aspects of our activity can be over produced

always confounds me that people watch something they claim they dislike

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

OMG they sat on chairs for 2 minutes playing!!!!!  Did you see the way they sat down?!!!!  It's AMAZING!!!!  Holy COW did you hear that AMP!!!!  Just no words to describe that volume.

OMG they stood still in an arc playing an entire song! Oh My God nothing is ovr 128 beats a minute!

it goes both ways

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Presenting their 2020 program - “Martin Luther:  Reformation, 95 theses, and a door, Drum Corps International is PROUD to present...”

Cranking out “A Mighty Fortress” would be old school.... at least if done in the Lutheran style. 😇

Back in 70s there was a corps show in Mechanicsburg PA and an ice cream place few blocks from stadium. One year my buddy went over for ice cream before the show and came back empty handed as place was now a bar...

name... Grandpas Growler....

• Haha 1

I look forward to the smell of bus fumes , wet grass oh, and drum corps sans props.

7 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Back in 70s there was a corps show in Mechanicsburg PA and an ice cream place few blocks from stadium. One year my buddy went over for ice cream before the show and came back empty handed as place was now a bar...

name... Grandpas Growler....

i spent many thursdays there for wings night, teaching the band there for 14 years as well as living 3 blocks away for 3 years

• Haha 1

as for people watching something they may dislike: It's not that unusual!..take the news for instance..as of today there's been a high school shooting in California and New Jersey...dislike it yes..but one can justify watching for obvious reasons..As per band competitions, I agree with a poster that some of them are so "over the top" with props and "corny" choreography  that it can become laughable..no disrespect to the bands but corny can be funny...the last reason for watching is the MONEY you may have paid for the full season of marching arts on FLO..you want your money's worth! All the above is IMHO...peace

1 hour ago, waliman4444 said:

as for people watching something they may dislike: It's not that unusual!..take the news for instance..as of today there's been a high school shooting in California and New Jersey...dislike it yes..but one can justify watching for obvious reasons..As per band competitions, I agree with a poster that some of them are so "over the top" with props and "corny" choreography  that it can become laughable..no disrespect to the bands but corny can be funny...the last reason for watching is the MONEY you may have paid for the full season of marching arts on FLO..you want your money's worth! All the above is IMHO...peace

But just like anything one can turn it off, go for a walk, hit the bathroom, get a hot dog etc just remember it's all just opinion and there can be many ( and should be ) Never think your barking  ( not you , in general )will change much or expect it to. For every opinion for or against something people can find just as many  opposing " Opinions "

• Like 1