What are you looking forward to?

8 hours ago, karuna said:

Wait. 

There's a copyright on the advanced mathematical concept of "greater than"?  :42_confused:

Bad enough it took so long for it to sink in but now you want to get paid for finally getting it? 💵

Drummers :doh: 

j/k :biggrin: 

i said year ago it was free until 11/19. Well it's 11/19. i know licensing

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Well, how else would someone know they dislike it?

so you keep going back and back and back and back?

I went to a NASCAR race once. i knew before it was done I didn't like it. Haven't been to one or even watched one since.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

so you keep going back and back and back and back?

I went to a NASCAR race once. i knew before it was done I didn't like it. Haven't been to one or even watched one since.

I may be the wrong person to ask, since I still like drum corps.  There are some aspects (some examples given in recent posts) that I dislike.  But ever since "finish your dinner, and you get dessert", I learned to weigh the pros and the cons.

I can imagine some ex-fans checking back on occasion, hoping the pros might once again outweigh the cons.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cixelsyd said:

I can imagine some ex-fans checking back on occasion, hoping the pros might once again outweigh the cons.

Plan to check DCI side 2020 to see if can hold my interest again. Problem is band shows don’t thrill me like sound of just horns and percussion (personal taste folks).

• Like 4

On 11/13/2019 at 12:10 PM, ibexpercussion said:

Hopefully this is not a rehash of an old thread, but what do you look forward to most during the Drum Corps season, besides the obvious of the actual groups shows and performances?

For me, it is the once a year friendships that I have developed with fellow fans over the years. There is a couple dudes who my buddy and I met several years ago during finals week. We sat in front of them, and all of us kept hearing the others making comments similar to the other pair. We struck up a conversation during the marathon prelims day, and every year we get back together, grab a meal or two together during the week, and pick up as if no time has passed. It is an odd friendship, in the fact that we do not talk much, sometimes at all, until Finals week the next year. Even in years when our seats are not next to each other, we seek each other out, and pick back up. These are the types of things that make this activity more than just the performances on the field.

I was part of a similar situation at finals also. Thanks to one of them, we now have a multiple texting combine ?? which allows us to communicate all year-and as it turns out that is what we are doing. I highly recommend it and it sounds like it would be great for your group also. I guess you could call it conference texting.

4 hours ago, kkrepps said:

Hot dogs at Lucas Oil Stadium :drool:

Not to mention hot dogs at the Atlanta Dome-used to be $2 each-last summer they were $1.50 each.

• Like 1