55 member minimum?

9 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Except that after the 35 rule some of those corps were no longer around or at least not even fielding an exhibition corps.

Just to be clear I was against the 35 or more rule until a show sponsor told me about the angry response from some of the audience. So I see the point but idea of DCI mandating things and expecting all Corps to be ABLE to follow was point I was trying to make

Well, when DCI asks them to jump, their only question should be "how high?".

Just now, cixelsyd said:

Well, when DCI asks them to jump, their only question should be "how high?".

Missing the point unless we need a sarcasm emoji....

How many did the corps from Ireland have in Indy last summer.  Should corps like Encorps get a foreign address and book themselves in International Class?

DCI Tour schedule still has Encorps listed for Allentown appearance.

Edited by xandandl

19 hours ago, xandandl said:

How many did the corps from Ireland have in Indy last summer.  Should corps like Encorps get a foreign address and book themselves in International Class?

DCI Tour schedule still has Encorps listed for Allentown appearance.

I would say there were about 40 members, and the 40 could be on the higher side.🇮🇪 ☘️ 

Regarding Encorps, there are five shows where they are listed to appear. My guess is their announcement came out too late for DCI to change the schedule. I think they do update changes in the schedule from time to time, especially after the January meetings. Last year I believe the New Hampshire show only had two corps listed and a few months later the list was longer.

I did notice on the schedule that another corps that is on the smaller side has quite an ambitious schedule this year. Les Stentors will be going out west this year and begins their DCI season in Utah, quite the distance from Sherbrooke, Quebec. 

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Shouldn't a rule change as important as this go through a rules congress, where the pros & cons can be openly debated?

Since when DCI opened a front office back in the mid-70's, the Powers-that-Be at DCI have rarely shared the powers. 

Of course, besides what is written in rules, charters, and official books, there are always in human institutions the "deep" or "dark" government, the real decision makers who thumb up or down whatever others may vote in or out. Who these be is subject to some debate.

I have a sense, no actual facts but a strong, educated intuitive feeling that this change in membership was done at advice of consultants and lawyers, accountants even.

7 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I have a sense, no actual facts but a strong, educated intuitive feeling that this change in membership was done at advice of consultants and lawyers, accountants even.

Also have no idea how these changes were formulated. As a retired educator, I can tell you, Class Size does matter.  Far easier to manage and control a smaller group out on the playground!   😃

• Like 2

On 11/20/2019 at 12:56 PM, xandandl said:

Perhaps they can move to the Spring Lake area at the Jersey Shore, which has a sizeable Irish population. :tongue:

• Like 1

Someone please fill me in here, since I am so far out of the loop I'm in a straight line... is DCI now charging SoundSport groups more to participate?

8 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Perhaps they can move to the Spring Lake area at the Jersey Shore, which has a sizeable Irish population. :tongue:

I've enjoyed it many times. I would have said numerous and left the waist size alone. :tongue: :tongue:

• Haha 1