55 member minimum?

2 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I've enjoyed it many times. I would have said numerous and left the waist size alone. :tongue: :tongue:

Good point. 

Those servings of shepherd's pie and pints of Guinness can add up after a while... no need to remind folks!!! :laughing:

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Since when DCI opened a front office back in the mid-70's, the Powers-that-Be at DCI have rarely shared the powers. 

Of course, besides what is written in rules, charters, and official books, there are always in human institutions the "deep" or "dark" government, the real decision makers who thumb up or down whatever others may vote in or out. Who these be is subject to some debate.

I have a sense, no actual facts but a strong, educated intuitive feeling that this change in membership was done at advice of consultants and lawyers, accountants even.

So the "DCI Deep State" is responsible for this arbitrary & capricious decision?

24 minutes ago, garfield said:

Interesting...

"55 Members" does not equal 55 "performers" at every show.  

Supposedly, a sick MM who can't march a show and drops the number on the field to 54 (for example) does not prevent that corps from performing in OC at that show.

Need someone to post straight from the DCI policy as getting different stories....

3 hours ago, garfield said:

Interesting...

"55 Members" does not equal 55 "performers" at every show.  

Supposedly, a sick MM who can't march a show and drops the number on the field to 54 (for example) does not prevent that corps from performing in OC at that show.

Sounds prudent... especially since no corps can ever predict an illness/injury/whatever that might leave them a member or two short for any given performance.

21 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I recall a time or two when a member couldn't make it because he was in jail...

We had a guy in my local junior corps who missed a parade because he was "seeing all kinds of colors, man."  No further explanation needed. :laughing:

Ahhhh.... the 1970s. LOL

• Haha 3