2019 DCI Finals Audio/Video Products - Any Release Date Info?

3 minutes ago, KakkoiiOtaku said:

Looks like just Top 6 and you have to buy all the shows to get even just one.

Top 18. 3 different volumes. It’s 9.99 for Each volume of six. In my opinion worth the money. Just listened to Cavaliers/SCV/BD. The quality is really good. 

Edited by GREENBLUE

2 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Top 18. 3 different volumes. It’s 9.99 for Each volume of six. In my opinion worth the money. Just listened to Cavaliers/SCV/BD. The quality is really good. 

Yup.  I see that now.  I bought volume 1.  I prefer to have the physical product, so I’ll wait for the CDs to get them all.

Listening to Crown ... audio has no cuts, as far as I can tell.

I’ve also listened to Cavies ... 11:04 seemed a bit short for them, but I could not identify any cuts.

MMDL has revised previous years audio bundles and eliminated the 13-25.  Now it's top 12 only.  

And iTunes has only top 18?  

What in the world is going on with DCI this month?  First the 55-member rule, now this.  Have they decided to purge the lower/smaller corps from the audio as well as from the field?  

Mike

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

MMDL has revised previous years audio bundles and eliminated the 13-25.  Now it's top 12 only.  

What in the world is going on with DCI this month?  First the 55-member rule, now this.  Have they decided to purge the lower/smaller corps from the audio as well as from the field?  

Mike

just a question? Were copyright licensing always enforced as strictly for smaller corps previously as it is for the World Class corps? While WC was always on the produced DCI audio products, I get the impression that Div. 2 &3 somewhat glossed that until very recently. I have no facts to back my feeling. It would be interesting to see what facts were/are. Then again, Novi and crew may be so hepped about Soundsport that...

Seems like this should be more publicized, no?  I mean, a lot of their base audience is eagerly anticipating the availability of 2019 recordings, so seems like DCI would be pleased to announce this. 

And on a more petty, personal nit, why iTunes only?  I'm just not an Apple guy.

16 hours ago, MikeN said:

Mike

Yeah, that's bizarre - individual corps outside the top 12 from previous years are available, but not in the bundle...and some of the 13-25 individual downloads are no longer there either.  Its ridiculous that copyright laws are so whacky right now that DCI has to constantly "update" its download sites.  One day they can be made available and licenses are paid, the next day they are not???  

This is why the physical media is so important to me - once I get the CD's, and videos, they are mine...no law or company (looking at you Tresona) can contact me and take them away from me just because the law changed, the publishing company got greedy, or the composer changed his mind regarding rights.  I know DCI has not been perfect in all of this, but it seems to me they have really tried over the last 5 years or so to make sure EVERYTHING is licensed...and still - its a mess.