New World-Class Criteria

3 minutes ago, garfield said:

I think it's completely reasonable for being sanctioned for not self-reporting and likely suspended or barred.  They all agree to these requirements as a condition of them being in the dance.

Doubt that would ever happen to any finalist organization, but if it did I would have to file it under the category of too bad. 

4 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Doubt that would ever happen to any finalist organization, but if it did I would have to file it under the category of too bad. 

OK, you can believe whatever you want.

I guess it depends on which "loops" you're in, but I think the actions against corps in recent years speaks for itself.  In case you disagree, is Cadets a "finalist organization"? 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

This was my sentence.  If you quote me, please do it accurately:

"I think it's completely reasonable for DCI to be aware of the precarious nature of every single corps,..."

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Poppycock said:

I'd be curious to know what your take is for creating fiscal responsibility. Should it be held solely or be divided or shared? Once woodwinds are approved, the price of meat has just gone up.

Now that the dog is empty, maybe you now want to just clarify your statement here if you're interested in a discussion.  Should what be held solely or be divided?  And I don't get your "meat" reference; would you make your point with a different metaphor or, better yet, just be straightforward.

It's the discussion.  So discuss.

10 minutes ago, garfield said:

OK, you can believe whatever you want.

I guess it depends on which "loops" you're in, but I think the actions against corps in recent years speaks for itself.  In case you disagree, is Cadets a "finalist organization"? 

Nothing actually happened to Cadets not even double secret probation. 

1 minute ago, Poppycock said:

Nothing actually happened to Cadets not even double secret probation. 

It was entirely possible that they would be refused participation.  They acted appropriately and they were allowed.  But they WERE suspended while they righted the ship to make a season.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, garfield said:

Now that the dog is empty, maybe you now want to just clarify your statement here if you're interested in a discussion.  Should what be held solely or be divided?  And I don't get your "meat" reference; would you make your point with a different metaphor or, better yet, just be straightforward.

It's the discussion.  So discuss.

With respect to the price of meat will go up reference is directly related to the cost of adding woodwinds to the ensemble. Another incurred cost that is really not needed. But there might be some who want to hear that woodwinds sound from Crown.