New World-Class Criteria

Just found this thread, and found some irony regarding GH and the YEA financial debacle.   When GH pushed the G7 foolishness, he tried to promote 7 Elite corps (two of which now find themselves in the bottom half of the top 12 btw) with double pay, double votes, etc.  Even when G7 morphed into Tour of Champions afterward, when Boston finished 8th it is still denied access to said elite group.  Despite Boston's "non-elite" status however, , GH repeatedly askes BAC/Inspire for money to pay down debt. Boston declines.  In 2016 when the post season staff emigration happens, GH contacts DCI now claiming Boston has no money and it is all a ruse.  Dan A flies to Boston, examines the books, and finds that BAC/Inspire does in fact have the financial resources it  is rumored to have. Then the #METOO movement happens and everything blows up.    While I do not hold Cadets members or staff responsible for any of this, it is revisionist history to suggest that all was well in that organization prior to those accusations.

One other thing...does anybody else here remember when GH blogged about high diesel prices and having so little money that the Cadets would no longer serve milk to the members on tour?  I do. That organization has been a financial wreck for years.  I wish the very best to the new leadership to right the ship. The kids deserve better.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, craiga said:

Just found this thread, and found some irony regarding GH and the YEA financial debacle.   When GH pushed the G7 foolishness, he tried to promote 7 Elite corps (two of which now find themselves in the bottom half of the top 12 btw) with double pay, double votes, etc.  Even when G7 morphed into Tour of Champions afterward, when Boston finished 8th it is still denied access to said elite group.  Despite Boston's "non-elite" status however, , GH repeatedly askes BAC/Inspire for money to pay down debt. Boston declines.  In 2016 when the post season staff emigration happens, GH contacts DCI now claiming Boston has no money and it is all a ruse.  Dan A flies to Boston, examines the books, and finds that BAC/Inspire does in fact have the financial resources it  is rumored to have. Then the #METOO movement happens and everything blows up.    While I do not hold Cadets members or staff responsible for any of this, it is revisionist history to suggest that all was well in that organization prior to those accusations.

One other thing...does anybody else here remember when GH blogged about high diesel prices and having so little money that the Cadets would no longer serve milk to the members on tour?  I do. That organization has been a financial wreck for years.  I wish the very best to the new leadership to right the ship. The kids deserve better.

So GH triggered an evaluation of the Boston Crusaders in 2016, yet it took loss of director and BOD before DCI ever looked behind the YEA! curtain?

All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

So GH triggered an evaluation of the Boston Crusaders in 2016, yet it took loss of director and BOD before DCI ever looked behind the YEA! curtain?

Squeaky wheel... IOW GH griped and DCI looked....

Wondering how much DCI heard (and from whom) about Pioneer before someone did a face to face with the corps

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, craiga said:

so this rumor about asking BAC for money keeps appearing...anyone have concrete proof?

10 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

I know he raised concerns about Teal Sound at one point when they applied to be in World Class. in the end, he appeared to be right, but a lot of craziness happened at teal prior to their demise, especially with a massive management overhaul

9 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Squeaky wheel... IOW GH griped and DCI looked....

Wondering how much DCI heard (and from whom) about Pioneer before someone did a face to face with the corps

well Reddit and probably Tricia Nadolny calling and asking questions got Pio going

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I know he raised concerns about Teal Sound at one point when they applied to be in World Class. in the end, he appeared to be right, but a lot of craziness happened at teal prior to their demise, especially with a massive management overhaul

Right about what?

Any world-class corps can come crashing down if all the people responsible for making it world-class leave.  That is what happened at Teal Sound, AFTER their application to WC passed with flying colors.

The concern that should have been raised is why was there no DCI re-evaluation when this massive leadership departure occurred.  That has been an evaluation trigger going back to the year 2000 (Spirit).

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

so this rumor about asking BAC for money keeps appearing...anyone have concrete proof?

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Do you expect someone recorded the call?  Or will a transcript of the call suffice?

Maybe SuperSaderFan can shed some light about the various times over the years that GH, supposedly, asked Boston for a loan.

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

and some on DCP have posted rumors that Carolina Crown also sought a loan, but DCP offers no proof. Also rumors that Crown was seeking to buy land for practice hall; also rumors that Jim Coates told BoD to start looking for a successor.  Lots of wind, no substance found for any of this.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1