Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Leftovers Day! I hope everyone was able to spend quality time with friends and loved ones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Happy Leftovers Day! I hope everyone was able to spend quality time with friends and loved ones.

Since the Mrs. doesn't usually eat leftovers, just about every lunch is Happy Leftovers Day for me.  Figuring I'll start on leftovers from Thanksgiving Day this Sunday.

• Haha 1

A little late, but Happy Holidays to everyone and be safe out there. 

20 hours ago, xandandl said:

Remembering when this weekend was the first time we'd get to see the DCI re-broadcast of Finals via PBS, etc., BITD.

Yep. Happy memories with my father and brother (mom wasn't all that interested.) I remember we would record the show on the old Beta Max and the years I marched Dad would play the show again on Christmas and give us all a critique. o_O I probably still have those tapes somewhere in the attic of doom. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

This was the most chill Thanksgiving everrrrrrrr. We went to the china buffet for dinner since our families are spread out all over the US and I got to work in the shop on pool cues. If I get another 40 days like that I may be able to get down under the 1 year wait list time frame. 

22 hours ago, xandandl said:

Remembering when this weekend was the first time we'd get to see the DCI re-broadcast of Finals via PBS, etc., BITD.

OMG!  We're in the WAY-BACK machine now!  Oh, how we would wait in anticipation!  So many watched football; we were a band geek family for sure.

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

A little late, but Happy Holidays to everyone and be safe out there. 

Yep. Happy memories with my father and brother (mom wasn't all that interested.) I remember we would record the show on the old Beta Max and the years I marched Dad would play the show again on Christmas and give us all a critique. o_O I probably still have those tapes somewhere in the attic of doom. 

I went one step further.  I bought a BETAMax new in the box to add to my collection so I can still play all those PBS recordings I made all those years.  Still have it in storage with my A/V collection although I didn't need it because my everyday BETAMax still works just fine.  Even after decades of pets and renovation dust, it's still a heavy-duty workhorse.

Here's hoping everyone is still able to fit into their pants as they reminisce their first memories of drum corps.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, garfield said:

OMG!  We're in the WAY-BACK machine now!  Oh, how we would wait in anticipation!  So many watched football; we were a band geek family for sure.

We always tried to go to a few shows if I wasn't marching and mom and dad would always make Birmingham and Atlanta when I did march. They showed up randomly at camps at West Georgia too when we had stuff there. 

I GREATLY miss PBS broadcasts. 

23 hours ago, xandandl said:

Remember it well. Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving.

15 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I promise I did! Hahaha! They were mixed vegetables too XD

Mixed vegetables-let's see: lima beans-Bluecoats(-Ohio-Lima-ok that is a stretch). potatoes-Colts, Jersey Surf-(the Garden State), and I guess your favorite-GREEN peas-Cavies-(ok that does it for me). This borders on succotash I know.

• Haha 1