Carolina Gold

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Announced today that they’re going DCI open class. 

I found a vid which tells nothing but has DCI OC in some images.... wth.... and why???

edit: found it in other webpage. #### #### and #### gonna miss them in DCA. Especially since played with some of the former members

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I found a vid which tells nothing but has DCI OC in some images.... wth.... and why???

They posted it on their Facebook page.  

Carolina Gold is pleased to announce that it has applied for re-classification from DCI All-Age status to DCI Open Class for the 2020 season. 

Register TODAY for more information at http://bit.ly/carolinagoldregister

Our regular season competition schedule can be found at http://bit.ly/dci2020

Visit carolinagold.org for more information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well I have Flo until sometime during next season. Will have to check CG schedule with what Flo puts on. CG seemed to be able to put on a well designed show regardless of number of members. Will be interesting to see what they can do with DCI rules.

BTW Jeff: there was a Westshoremen alumni from the 1974 comeback corps marching with them when they made DCA finals at Scranton

They put the word out earlier in the year in back channels. Their most popular shows are DCI Southeastern Championships, and by moving to OC their season will also end much earlier which is better for their area.

Edited by lcarlton
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Well I have Flo until sometime during next season. Will have to check CG schedule with what Flo puts on. CG seemed to be able to put on a well designed show regardless of number of members. Will be interesting to see what they can do with DCI rules.

BTW Jeff: there was a Westshoremen alumni from the 1974 comeback corps marching with them when they made DCA finals at Scranton

their screamer and that person played with the alumni corps

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

their screamer and that person played with the alumni corps

Yep and one of the Baris came up with them too. When I did Lancers the Bari and I always made an effort to meet before the first Baltimore 4th of July parade at Dundalk. One of my “traditions “ from that time that I miss