Carolina Gold

14 hours ago, lcarlton said:

They put the word out earlier in the year in back channels. Their most popular shows are DCI Southeastern Championships, and by moving to OC their season will also end much earlier which is better for their area.

Ironically they will not be at DCI Southeast, instead being in Michigan that weekend. probably no Flo Marching , unless they cover crownbeat

7 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yep and one of the Baris came up with them too. When I did Lancers the Bari and I always made an effort to meet before the first Baltimore 4th of July parade at Dundalk. One of my “traditions “ from that time that I miss

Jon "Big Country" Gifford was the high-note soprano/trumpet from Gold who sat in with 'Shore Alumni. Great guy... he's in the Army now, and we've kept in touch a bit on FB.

• Like 1

13 corps remaining, as of now.

Gotta wonder who is next. 

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Jon "Big Country" Gifford was the high-note soprano/trumpet from Gold who sat in with 'Shore Alumni. Great guy... he's in the Army now, and we've kept in touch a bit on FB.

Funny guy from what I remember. Just having a ball riding up to Harrisburg area from NC to do a DC concert with his buddies.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Funny guy from what I remember. Just having a ball riding up to Harrisburg area from NC to do a DC concert with his buddies.

They definitely enjoyed the experience! And Jon was a nice addition to the already-stacked  lead sop/trumpet line. That was an all-star lineup. Monster players. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I have my hunches 

I have mine too but I am hoping that mine isn't the same as yours LOL. 

Do I recall correctly that Tampa Bay Thunder announced they were doing this about five years ago but ended up shutting down instead?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Also, given what was being posted here a few months ago: how is this possible? Weren't people reporting that DCA, in their awesome majesty, told DCI they weren't allowed to accept any former DCA corps as members?

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Also, given what was being posted here a few months ago: how is this possible? Weren't people reporting that DCA, in their awesome majesty, told DCI they weren't allowed to accept any former DCA corps as members?

well DCi hasn't accepted them as of yet. My hunch was tho it was for an all age class.

• Like 2