Carolina Gold

14 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Also, given what was being posted here a few months ago: how is this possible? Weren't people reporting that DCA, in their awesome majesty, told DCI they weren't allowed to accept any former DCA corps as members?

I don’t think it meant that they couldn’t leave DCA and become a DCI open class corps.  

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t think it meant that they couldn’t leave DCA and become a DCI open class corps.  

Really... if a corps becomes a Jr corps what can DCI do? I’m with Jeff, DCI was trying to tell Sr/All Age Corps you do DCA 100% or nothing....

Anyone know how the DCI appraisal system works for new OC corps?

edit BLEEP I meant what can DCA do....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I never saw anything official in writing saying that DCA went to DCI to prevent corps from leaving DCA. What I heard from others unofficially and inferred from what was said on here was that DCI would not hold its own ALL AGE championship in competition with DCA. Which is what a lot of the non Northeast corps were pushing for.   

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, totaleefree said:

I never saw anything official in writing saying that DCA went to DCI to prevent corps from leaving DCA. What I heard from others unofficially and inferred from what was said on here was that DCI would not hold its own ALL AGE championship in competition with DCA. Which is what a lot of the non Northeast corps were pushing for.   

This^^^^.  It had nothing to do with leaving DCA entirely. 

49 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Really... if a corps becomes a Jr corps what can DCI do? I’m with Jeff, DCI was trying to tell Sr/All Age Corps you do DCA 100% or nothing....

The only conversation that took place was that DCA corps were not allowed to talk DCI directly about an all-age championship in Indy.   Nothing was discussed about a DCA corps choosing to become a DCI open class corps.  

Edited by Terri Schehr

50 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

The criteria of evaluation for becoming an open class corps would be no different for a start up, a sound sport group, or an all age corps.  

1 hour ago, totaleefree said:

As I understood it there were all-age organizations that wanted to begin and end their seasons the same as DCI, and wanted DCI to hold a all-age show in Indy. 

Perhaps there were some all-age organizations who were going to tell DCA to pack salt and just do DCI shows and then Indy. Perhaps there were some that were going to do both DCI and DCA. 

DCA and DCI administrations had a meeting. DCA sets up a conference call with their member organizations and tells their member organizations that they are prohibited from dealing directly with DCI about a show in Indy. DCA also stated during the same conference call that if there is to be a all-age show in Indy it would be a DCA show, and any organization that commits to the Indy show has to commit to going to little league town too, thus preventing the break away or break off from DCA by those all-age organizations wanting to begin and end their seasons the same as DCI. 

I have not heard or read anything confirming or denying a all-age show in Indy, and doubt anyone would commit to it and then two weeks later go to little league town too.

IMO there is little to no interest for drum corps fans to attend such an event. OC prelims/finals, WC prelims and semis, SoundSport, Drumline Battle and WC finals. What’s special about an all-age show in comparison to the rest of the events? 

Edited by Poppycock

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I went to the DCI schedule and tickets site and began entering DCA corps names to see which organizations have DCI shows. Was surprised to see who and how many shows scheduled. Suggest you check it out for yourself. Doesn’t look to me that DCA is preventing all-age corps from competing in DCI. However it doesn’t mean preventing them from having a DCI all-age show in Indy. 

Edited by Poppycock

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

The criteria of evaluation for becoming an open class corps would be no different for a start up, a sound sport group, or an all age corps.  

Just a completely speculative hypothetical here... what if DCI doesn't approve Gold for Open Class? Where does Gold go from there?