Carolina Gold

DCA screwed the pooch limiting A class finals to 4 corps when they had several years of 10 or more coming to championships too

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 5:01 PM, Jeff Ream said:

DCA screwed the pooch limiting A class finals to 4 corps when they had several years of 10 or more coming to championships too

I would have to disagree with that. I would rather see the 12th place Open Calss Corps than the 5th place A class corps. Usually maybe the top 2 class A are equal to or better than #11 but the 3rd and forth generally don't match up. especially years when there were 14 and 15 open class corps. Sometimes a corps has 70ish  people and would have been 2nd in class A but instead finished in 12th and could not go to finals.

6 hours ago, totaleefree said:

I would have to disagree with that. I would rather see the 12th place Open Calss Corps than the 5th place A class corps. Usually maybe the top 2 class A are equal to or better than #11 but the 3rd and forth generally don't match up. especially years when there were 14 and 15 open class corps. Sometimes a corps has 70ish  people and would have been 2nd in class A but instead finished in 12th and could not go to finals.

it defeated the will of many of those corps to keep trying. when you have 11 open class all show up and get in, but only 4 of 12 get in....yeah, kinda makes you wonder why you try

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
On 12/6/2019 at 1:14 PM, camel lips said:

I really don't know the answer to ur last question. It does not appear there are ANY Cadets2 Models waiting in the wings like everyone had hoped for just a few years back.  The Electronics issue makes it really hard for a start up corps to get going on a grassroots budget without some serious funding or corporate backers. Not to many of those waiting in the wings now days. Bingo is pretty much a dead source of income for most so that's gone too. .  . So it appears DCA in self destructing before your very eyes. 

DCA had the chance to expand and grow back in the mid 2000 when there were lots of smaller to mid size corps up and coming that were enthusiastic about the activity and were making their way to shows. . It chose it course to stay a niche activity in the NE and not foster growth. Now when the alarm bells are sounding people are starting to listen to all that crazy talk that I had about having championships in Indy along side DCI Championships several years ago. Everyone said I was crazy,,that it would not work. That you could not possibly change the date from Labor day. That you could not possibly alienate the Alumni Corps. That there would be no room for I@E or Mini corps. They said to mind my own business to stop the noise. 

DCA remains a DYING NE Niche activity. They got EVERYTHING they wanted and are still fighting for it. Its like driving 100 miles per hour strait towards a brick wall knowing your going to hit that wall but you don't let up on the accelerator knowing where the brake is at. 

Well well well