Blue Stars 2020

On 11/30/2019 at 12:40 PM, xandandl said:

Then again, the title may fit given current contemporary "drill" features in DCI.

Well, considering how they were punished in the visual captions, last year, for too much drill and field usage; I wouldn't be surprised. It's all about less field usage, less movement, and more staging, now. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

• 1 month later...

This Blue Stars' thread has been very quiet this winter. Based on the content in the very active threads, I assume the Blue Stars are doing just fine this winter.

I saw on Facebook that they met their $450K funding goal for their new kitchen trailer. That is pretty exciting. 

Any camp news?

• Like 1

My son is a returning member in 2020 and all he will say is that “expectations are higher for the hornline” under their new CH. My understanding is that one of their new brass members is coming all the way from Scandinavia, a nice geographic reach. 😎

• Like 3

10 hours ago, TRacer said:

My son is a returning member in 2020 and all he will say is that “expectations are higher for the hornline” under their new CH. My understanding is that one of their new brass members is coming all the way from Scandinavia, a nice geographic reach. 😎

Recruited on the basis of last year's show making them feel at home?  

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/30/2020 at 11:51 AM, mcjordansc said:

This Blue Stars' thread has been very quiet this winter. Based on the content in the very active threads, I assume the Blue Stars are doing just fine this winter.

I saw on Facebook that they met their $450K funding goal for their new kitchen trailer. That is pretty exciting. 

Any camp news?

450k for a mobile kitchen? Sweet fancy Moses why so much

On 2/2/2020 at 7:24 PM, Zeke said:

450k for a mobile kitchen? Sweet fancy Moses why so much

That's how much they cost, especially built to our specs. Also read the FAQ on the significant upgrades. It's gonna be keen!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

The Blue Stars hornline is firing on all cylinders, again, with a powerful and sweet sound. I don't know how their percussion and guard are shaping up; but their hornline is sounding just as awesome as last year, if not more so. 

Edited by corps8294

Thanks for posting the video; I was able to spot my kid on the left in the trumpet section. They sound great!