Designer commentary

10 hours ago, Ghost said:

Haven’t watched many of the videos corps put out.  What are the chances the BD really want the judges to take a look to understand better the subtle things they have in most of their shows?

BD has followed the same genius formula for years and nobody has tried to copy them so I don't think they have anything to worry about. Besides, any serious designer could simply study them to understand the nuances.

I miss just hearing designer commentary like George Hopkins explaining how everything in the Jethro Tull show didn't work.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gbass598 said:

BD has followed the same genius formula for years and nobody has tried to copy them so I don't think they have anything to worry about. Besides, any serious designer could simply study them to understand the nuances.

I miss just hearing designer commentary like George Hopkins explaining how everything in the Jethro Tull show didn't work.

That makes me think (as I hijAck this thread even more) does anyone have the 2006 DVDs and do they have commentaries? I really want to know if Hop did that one and what he said

9 hours ago, FTNK said:

A simple request instantly hijacked into complaining (especially about BD). DCP in a nutshell

And you provided the second half of the equation; complaining about complaining. 

Is this not a message board?  People voice opinions and observations.  

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, general_tsos_chicken2 said:

i would say every show in finals this year made sense to me. I just like getting a deeper look, and seeing things I missed

I’m sorry. I’m just a jerk (at times). I hope you find what you’re looking for. 

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Maybe for any corps that puts out a video(s) explaining the show.

Yes, I agree with you on that.