Troopers Drum & Bugle Corps To Hold Auditions In Costa Rica

5 hours ago, ironlips said:

Attention Los Negativos (if the zapata fits...):

We've had drum corps participants for many years from Europe, Asia and even Africa. Central America is no stretch. It's what puts the "International" in DCI.

That said, I hereby volunteer for the Troopers Traveling Staff. At this time of year, who couldn't use a week's visit to a country that includes both beaches and cloud forest? I'm imagining mellophones and mojitos. What's not to like?

You put the mojitos in the mellos and you shake it all up...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, grenadasmoothie said:

And, in addition, there is a very active competitive band and drum corps activity in South America, at least. I'm FB friends with a few participants there. I can't vouch for Central America, though.

Some of which have come up to Indy for SoundSport!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ironlips said:

Attention Los Negativos (if the zapata fits...):

We've had drum corps participants for many years from Europe, Asia and even Africa. Central America is no stretch. It's what puts the "International" in DCI.

That said, I hereby volunteer for the Troopers Traveling Staff. At this time of year, who couldn't use a week's visit to a country that includes both beaches and cloud forest? I'm imagining mellophones and mojitos. What's not to like?

Need someone to carry your horn case?

7 hours ago, ironlips said:

Initially, it was Canada that created the "I".

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kevingamin said:

You put the mojitos in the mellos and you shake it all up...

(sings the street beat parts here....you killed Kenny....)

so...what i'm reading is"

1. Troopers notice there's a number of good musicians and marching units in Costa Rica.  Some of whom have made the trip north to Sound Sport (which is where they probably noticed this at first anyway).

2. Troopers spend a couple plane tix, hotel, and arrange some audition space to hold auditions there to see if any of these talented kids would like to march this summer.

3. But somehow this is a terrible idea and a huge waste of money cause corps should be restricted to recruiting from their local region or areas of the US with a dearth of corps presence.

Gotcha.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

so...what i'm reading is"

1. Troopers notice there's a number of good musicians and marching units in Costa Rica.  Some of whom have made the trip north to Sound Sport (which is where they probably noticed this at first anyway).

2. Troopers spend a couple plane tix, hotel, and arrange some audition space to hold auditions there to see if any of these talented kids would like to march this summer.

3. But somehow this is a terrible idea and a huge waste of money cause corps should be restricted to recruiting from their local region or areas of the US with a dearth of corps presence.

Gotcha.

I think you’re being over-dramatic about it. They should do whatever they want to do. It just doesn’t make sense to me. So, being an Internet forum, we discuss. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cybersnyder said:

I think you’re being over-dramatic about it. They should do whatever they want to do. It just doesn’t make sense to me. So, being an Internet forum, we discuss. 

i am pretty sure it was sarcastic