Best Finals Hotel?

16 hours ago, MUtrumpet said:

Thanks all! Just booked a room for the Embassy Suites!

We stayed there last year.  It felt like a long walk after the shows.  Breakfast buffet was good.  I think there was a dinner thing too.  But not really dinner, just snacks and drinks (wine/beer).  I'm shooting for a hotel closer.  Maybe JW Marriott or even the Holiday inn.  They are close to Gate 10.

I have had great luck with the Marriott Courtyard.

Stayed at Omni a couple times.  Really enjoyed it and one year was able to snag a suite which had two stories and a spiraling staircase.  It had a great balcony too.  The standard room was also pretty nice.  I also like if you are part of their perks club, they bring you refreshments and a little bite to eat in the morning.  

I really enjoyed the Westin the times we stayed there.  This was DCI's old headquarters hotel.  I love that it's connected to the convention center and you can literally walk to the stadium via the indoor hallways of the center.  I found that really convenient and was close to Café Patachou which we really enjoy eating at.  

My next place I enjoyed was the Hilton.  No frills and the longest walk to the stadium of any hotel I stayed at.  They upgraded me to a great corner suite with a room size close to 1,000 feet though.  I also feel their staff were the most friendliest of any of the hotels I have stayed at in Downtown Indy.  

The Conrad was the most upscale of the hotels we ever stayed at.  Small rooms though.  It's in the heart of downtown so that was nice.  

This past year we stayed at the new Hyatt Place by Banker's Fieldhouse.  I only chose it because of a great deal of only $70/night.  That's the cheapest I have ever stayed in Downtown Indy.  We enjoyed it because there was free breakfast.  The walk was not bad to the stadium and it was close to some restaurants and bars we had never went to in the past.  I also liked taking the alternate route and picking up some subway or white castle and taking it into the stadium.  No problems taking food and drinks in via the VIP entrance.  

Did a stint at an airport hotel one year.  Never again mostly because of the inconvenience.  

Edited by Whiskey

12 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Stayed at Omni a couple times.  Really enjoyed it and one year was able to snag a suite which had two stories and a spiraling staircase.  It had a great balcony too.  The standard room was also pretty nice.  I also like if you are part of their perks club, they bring you refreshments and a little bite to eat in the morning.  

I really enjoyed the Westin the times we stayed there.  This was DCI's old headquarters hotel.  I love that it's connected to the convention center and you can literally walk to the stadium via the indoor hallways of the center.  I found that really convenient and was close to Café Patachou which we really enjoy eating at.  

My next place I enjoyed was the Hilton.  No frills and the longest walk to the stadium of any hotel I stayed at.  They upgraded me to a great corner suite with a room size close to 1,000 feet though.  I also feel their staff were the most friendliest of any of the hotels I have stayed at in Downtown Indy.  

The Conrad was the most upscale of the hotels we ever stayed at.  Small rooms though.  It's in the heart of downtown so that was nice.  

This past year we stayed at the new Hyatt Place by Banker's Fieldhouse.  I only chose it because of a great deal of only $70/night.  That's the cheapest I have ever stayed in Downtown Indy.  We enjoyed it because there was free breakfast.  The walk was not bad to the stadium and it was close to some restaurants and bars we had never went to in the past.  I also liked taking the alternate route and picking up some subway or white castle and taking it into the stadium.  No problems taking food and drinks in via the VIP entrance.  

Did a stint at an airport hotel one year.  Never again mostly because of the inconvenience.  

Why do they no longer welcome you back at these hotels the following year that you have to find a new one for each season???                                                         (only joshing.)

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, xandandl said:

Why do they no longer welcome you back at these hotels the following year that you have to find a new one for each season???                                                         (only joshing.)

My profile name says it all.  Plus I tend to book my reservations last minute.  There is always a bargain to be found if you're patient.