as football programs end, Drum Corps will march on

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s so cold there that they plugged in to keep the engine block warm. 😳

When we had some really cold nights back in the 50's, Dad had a coffee can he attached a light bulb inside and placed it near the oil pan.  Of course, his best attachment to the 49 Ford was a thin chain above the drivers door that ran to the air horn set up he had.  Boy did people pick up some speed when that thing turned on.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’ve been to ND State in Fargo. 

I would love to get there someday. Brenda and I met some folks whose daughter went to school there... they said it was an awesome game-day experience. 

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fran Haring said:

I would love to get to a game  there someday. Brenda and I met some folks whose daughter went to school there... they said it was an awesome game-day experience. 

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

The Fargodome.  It’s an ok city.  Has a mall. 

I'm from the south. We got 12 inches of snow in Chattanooga once and it shut the city down for literally 4 days. I try to avoid places that get like 4 feet of snow on average a year. I did go for my college visit to University of Indiana Bloomington in the middle of January in a brilliant master plan by my parents to keep me as close to home (Chattanooga) as possible. My body didn't realize that temperatures could go into negative numbers until that trip. I quickly decided that UA was a better fit for me. 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I'm from the south. We got 12 inches of snow in Chattanooga once and it shut the city down for literally 4 days. I try to avoid places that get like 4 feet of snow on average a year. I did go for my college visit to University of Indiana Bloomington in the middle of January in a brilliant master plan by my parents to keep me as close to home (Chattanooga) as possible. My body didn't realize that temperatures could go into negative numbers until that trip. I quickly decided that UA was a better fit for me. 

The daughter of a friend of mine is going to the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks next fal..  I told her about the plugs hanging out of car hoods.  She seemed unfazed. 😝😳 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

The daughter of a friend of mine is going to the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks next fal..  I told her about the plugs hanging out of car hoods.  She seemed unfazed. 😝😳 

She probably only drives an electric car.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I've actually seen that before. My brother did his undergrad at Valpo (Valparaiso, IN.) and apparently "block warmers" really do exist. Our friends from up north always come around late April and can't understand how it can be 104 AND have 94% humidity here. I guess the weather knife cuts both ways LOL.