Disturbing DCI rumors

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Yup. But the thing is this: They moved on, found other things and are gone

My circle of fans is primarily guard people most are donors majority negative about WW’s. Ramon said if there was ever a reason to step away WW’s would do it. He doesn’t think he could dance, spin or toss with the same enthusiasm with tweety birds on the field. 

3 hours ago, garfield said:

Yea, they have a very good band.  And they make great pictures, too!

The just recently started carrying their drums down low for halftime; I wonder if they'll get a pit as well?

Uh. No. Neither will Wisconsin. Why?  Because they know who they are. DCI used to know. Not anymore, as the rush to full bando is on. Step, Kick!  Step, Kick

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, garfield said:

Yes, I suppose I did.  "Giggle" in a Crown or BD kind of way.

Come on, admit it, Dad.  You've giggled in amazement in at least one show since drum corps put down tympani, changed key, and boosted GE, haven't you?

EDIT: Sorry, in at least one drum corps show, that is.

No. Mostly in embarrassment. I pretty much can’t watch it anymore. I would never take a newbie to a show anymore. 

3 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Uh. No. Neither will Wisconsin. Why?  Because they know who they are. DCI used to know. Not anymore, as the rush to full bando is on. Step, Kick!  Step, Kick

Ahhh!  Who in the heck would know "Step, Kick! Step, Kick!"??

Oh, that goes back decades.

2 minutes ago, garfield said:

Ahhh!  Who in the heck would know "Step, Kick! Step, Kick!"??

Oh, that goes back decades.

What do they call that?  Comic relief?  We can argue, and still have fun with it. 

21 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

What do they call that?  Comic relief?  We can argue, and still have fun with it. 

My band director was an OSU alum and he used ALL of these on us.  

Thank GOD he let us do "ankle/knee" instead of "chair step", but I always thought step-kicks were his little way of torturing us drummers.

Then, when I got to TBDBITL, I realized he'd only passed down decades of training (brainwashing), and I became even more interested in drum corps.

Edited by garfield

53 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Yup. But the thing is this:

they don’t care. They don’t. We can all type to the death that we matter, but we don’t. DCI has never changed a rule due to fan outcry, and they never will. They’d never admit something backfired. And if they did, it’d be years and too many people wouldn’t care and wouldn’t come back because they moved on. DCI’s credibility would be shot and wouldn’t deserve another chance. I know people that gave up when show design went super intellectual with some serious boring ### music being offered, and I’ve showed them recent shows featuring a whole lot more entertaining music, and they don’t care anymore. I’m not talking my dads era of alumni, I’m talking my era... people aged 40-50. They moved on, found other things and are gone

If DCI introduced “New Coke” we’d still be drinking it. 

28 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

My circle of fans is primarily guard people most are donors majority negative about WW’s. Ramon said if there was ever a reason to step away WW’s would do it. He doesn’t think he could dance, spin or toss with the same enthusiasm with tweety birds on the field. 

Looking everywhere online.... here, Facebook, Twitter and evening Reddit i see an overwhelming majority opposed to woodwinds, especially the inclusion approach. 

I honestly don’t think they care

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

If DCI introduced “New Coke” we’d still be drinking it. 

I didn’t drink it then 

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

Yup. But the thing is this:

they don’t care. They don’t. We can all type to the death that we matter, but we don’t. DCI has never changed a rule due to fan outcry, and they never will. They’d never admit something backfired. And if they did, it’d be years and too many people wouldn’t care and wouldn’t come back because they moved on. DCI’s credibility would be shot and wouldn’t deserve another chance. I know people that gave up when show design went super intellectual with some serious boring ### music being offered, and I’ve showed them recent shows featuring a whole lot more entertaining music, and they don’t care anymore. I’m not talking my dads era of alumni, I’m talking my era... people aged 40-50. They moved on, found other things and are gone

I know you’re right.  I’m just sad.